Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:18 PM

68 posts, read 271,622 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are house hunting this weekend and came across a hidden treasure or so we think??? in Cary. THis neighborhood is in the southern part of cary and I believe it is part of the park at west lake subdivision. The homes are beautiful and the lots are very impressive -- there is a wooded and preserved buffer throughout the area and a nice size lot. I know there is no community pool -- a negative that we can live with. I also know the water treatment plant is down west lake drive a couple miles from the houses. I am just curious if anyone knows anything else -- good or bad about this sub-division. We may be putting in an offer soon so please give me your feedback. thank you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 09:37 PM

202 posts, read 947,073 times
Have you checked out to see where I-540 is going? Granted that might not be for a long time if ever but something to consider. I to looked at West Lake but the commute to RTP bothered me so I quickly moved on. I didn't even realize it didn't have a pool because that would have been a deal breaker. In fact I am surprised it doesn't have a pool. That neighborhood is surrounded by schools thus a lot of kids around and parents want a pool to take there kids to. So you want to consider resale of a house in a neighborhood without a pool.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:11 AM

The Park at West Lake has a pool but the smaller part of the sub division where we are looking called the park at langston does not. The next door neighbor of the home we are looking at has a pool in her backyard -- so for some people that is a bonus. Many neighborhoods don't allow that because of the common pool.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:17 PM

2,183 posts, read 7,972,472 times
We originally put an offer (which we didn't get) on a home at the park at Langston. You are correct the neighborhood and homes are lovely. Initially we were really sad we didn't get the home. BUT here is what we found out. Although you say it is in Cary there is a large descrepency there. In fact between our realtor and the listing agent and the builder we were told it was in Cary, Holly Springs and Apex! second we found out that the 540 will run almost right through the neighborhood. The area that Pony Soldier dead ends into is where the 540 is supposed to run. In the end we were relieved we did not get the house as we personally would not have wanted to be that close to the future 540.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:25 PM

Ok, I am very confused so I hope someone can help me. We did just put an offer in on the last home on pony soldier court. The home backs up to protected wet lands that are owned, I believe, by the HOA of the park at langston. The neighbors on one side of us have development behind their smaller wooded area. So, my question is exactly how far could 540 run behind the house? We have been on EVERY MAP looking for a specific answer. We spoke to the builder who told us they don't know and told us to find out from the HOA. If you know anything more please let me know.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:20 PM

Did you place an offer on the home in the cul-de-sac? The one that was being built near the home that did all the pool landscaping? If so the 540 will be going through near the opposite end of Pony Soldier. So if you are standing in the cul-de-sac looking the opposite direction down pony soldier the 540 will be on that other end. My Dh says he thinks it will be about 1/2 a mile from the end of the street according to the map our realtor had when we put the offer in. I think you would be very wise to go down to the city and find out exactly where it is supposed to be. We had made the offer on the Brick home with the black shutters in the middle of Pony Soldier that backed up to the wetland tree area. So we would have been very close to the 540. Hope this helps a tiny bit.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Yes, that's the one. The next door neighbor has the inground pool and the yard backs to the woods. That helps us a lot!! So you saying 1/2 mile from the middle of pony soldier? We will definately check into it further. By the way, our "back-up" is 1107 or 1109, I forget the exact number Crossway in Sunset Ridge. I was concerned about Chrismill because of the colonial pipe running through the back and Skymont didn't have anything of interest in our price range. I loved the homes on Crossway, but didn't love the thru traffic. thank you again - your information really helps.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 PM

Good luck and let me know what you find out. I know first hand how excited you must be to have picked out the home on Pony Soldier and there be a possibility it won't work out. Honestly we looked at several different maps while home searching and almost every single one of them showed the 540 someplace different! So I really think your best bet would be to go to the city/county and have them map it out for you. Is one of the homes on Crossway the white one with the french doors all across the back and it has a large back porch? If so I LOVE that house! I have not looked at many of the others. Again good luck and let me know how it goes and what you end up with.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM

83 posts, read 351,431 times
The Park at Langston is a really nice subdivision. I like the builders in this subdivision. THe fact that many of the home sites back up to the buffer is really nice also. I had the one on the corner of Pony Soldier sold but the buyer did not sell their home in time to get that home.
The concern over 540 being close is a big concern.
Google search for the department of transportation for NC. The search for 540. There should be an 800 number to call to get an update for 540.
Good luck with you decision!
(Sunset Ridge is also a very nice subdivision!)

Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 PM

41 posts, read 134,424 times
We were about to make an offer on a house on Henderson Rd. last year when we found out the subdivision is 10 mi. from the Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant. It came as a huge surprise becuase our broker never told us anything about. We didn't want to live that close to a nuke so we didn't proceed w/ the offer. Now we are looking in Wake Forest which is quite a bit farther away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary