Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM

194 posts, read 490,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Anna @ Studio 180 is good. I know this because I used to go to the other person (Fran) who is also the co-owner and I disliked the way she cut my very curly hair (it was always uneven). But everyone who sat in Anna's chair left with beautiful-looking hair. Unfortunately I felt it would be too awkward to switch from the one owner to the the other since there's only the 2 of them there, so I stopped going altogether. Oh well.

Well, because of your post, I decided to make an appointment with Anna at Studio 180??? and what a mistake!!!

I spoke with Anna directly and she put me in her schedule, the morning of the appointment I receive a call from the salon asking where I was (this was a half an hour before the actual appointment) I said I was on my way and was there a problem? They assured me no, just had me in for 12 and not 12:30? When I get to the Studio, minutes later Anna was not even there???? they put me with another stylist and didn't even think a thing of it???? I was so upset! Why didn't the call and say Anna would not be there? or even tell me when the called me minutes before??? I then let this stylist cut my hair and could not believe the PRICE $$$ $40.00 for a cut and that was including a 20% new customer coupon? Way TOO EXPENSIVE STAY AWAY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 02:44 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
The "top" salon in Chapel Hill charges $50 for a cut. I have oodles of money but I will not pay $50 for a haircut. I also have 2 daughters who need their hair styled. Believe it or not I have had good luck at cheapy $12 chain hair cut places. Sometimnes you can find an experienced and good stylist who is happy working in a place like that. Salons can get cut throat just like any business and some prefer not to deal with the hassle.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Well, because of your post, I decided to make an appointment with Anna at Studio 180??? and what a mistake!!!
I'm sorry you weren't able to see Anna due to their schedule mixup. You asked for salon recommendations in/near Cary. You got several, including 2 for Anna @ Salon 180. I disclosed that I went to the other stylist (not Anna) at that salon and didn't like the haircuts I got, so I stopped going after the 2nd or 3rd visit.

It's not my or the other poster's fault that the Salon got their schedule mixed up and you decided to let someone else cut your hair in the meantime, and their rates were higher than what you think they should be or what you expected. If you were there to see Anna, which you were, WHY did you allow anyone else to touch your hair??? I would have turned around and walked out...not allowed anyone else to have at it.

Since you are cost conscious, before visiting anyone new, I suggest you always call and find out exactly how much that hairdresser charges so you don't have any unhappy surprises and can make a decision on who to see or if you want to pass altogether and find a different place. Prices change yearly at most salons and have a way of jumping up. Hair salons charge, on average, anywhere from $35 - $70+ for a haircut, depending on who, what level they are, etc. And yes, that's just for a haircut and doesn't include color services or anything else. If that's too much then you'll need to avoid 'Salons'.

I now go to one of the walk-in places and pay $10 to get my hair cut and it works out very well for me. No it's not a salon environment but I'm on a tight budget. YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary