Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 AM

33 posts, read 104,438 times

Advertisements

I'm making my way to Raleigh, NC for one full day!

Let me know what to do, see, eat, hear, and all that good stuff.

It will be a weekday (tuesday in Sept) because I have to tend to business (apartment search and college campus visits), BUT that shouldn't take but a few hours!

If you all mention some very interesting things, I'll make sure to come back for a Saturday and Sunday visit!

Just so you know a little about me....I'm 22 yrs old, african american. I'm open minded. I love nature, sports, EATING (don't like coffee but like cafes), relaxing, learning, being social, and most of all being somewhere new!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 10:59 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,070,788 times
Welcome! But your request is rather open-ended!

If you share what you like to do, what you like to see, what you like to eat, what you like to hear, and all that good stuff, you might get a better response. You can also search a lot on this site.

Quote:
Let me know what to do, see, eat, hear, and all that good stuff.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:33 PM

15 posts, read 76,349 times
I am considering relocating to Raleigh. What I am trying to find out if Raleigh is urban or suburban?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:39 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,085,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arowett View Post
I am considering relocating to Raleigh. What I am trying to find out if Raleigh is urban or suburban?
Most of Raleigh is suburban since much of the growth occured in the last 40 years. However, the older part of the city is definitely more urban and its growth has accelerated in the last decade or so with more to do and more places to live. Good Luck!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 PM

646 posts, read 2,046,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arowett View Post
It's not one or the other. There are urban areas and a large suburban area.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,985,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Welcome! But your request is rather open-ended!

If you share what you like to do, what you like to see, what you like to eat, what you like to hear, and all that good stuff, you might get a better response. You can also search a lot on this site.
I think when people are asking for advice, they really want to know what YOU like about the city because YOU are the experts! For instance, I might think I hate baseball but a Durham Bulls game is a completely different experience!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 AM

If a person is going to be visiting for only a day, that's a lot of spaghetti to throw on the wall to see if something sticks.

If she wants to know EVERYTHING there is to do, see, hear, she's better off searching for it on city-data than everyone replicating EVERYTHING everyone has already said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGISLAND2NC View Post
I think when people are asking for advice, they really want to know what YOU like about the city because YOU are the experts! For instance, I might think I hate baseball but a Durham Bulls game is a completely different experience!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,985,280 times
You're right, there really should be a sticky on the topic. That way people like you could list what you like and why you like it, (just once). Then people like us could decide for ourselves what we want to see.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 PM

I could write a book on what I like. (I am easily amused. ) It would be a very long document.

Still, she isn't asking what **I** would like to see, hear, eat, do. She's asking what SHE she should see, hear, eat, do. So it still would be helpful for the OP to give some clues as to the type of activities that interest her. She's only going to have a few hours free.

I would go to the NC Art Museum and look around (it'd be new to her), have lunch at the restaurant (she likes to eat), and walk around its park (there's the nature). The only thing missing is sports. http://www.ncartmuseum.org/ The restaurant is open 11 to 2 on Tuesdays.

Quote:
You're right, there really should be a sticky on the topic. That way people like you could list what you like and why you like it, (just once). Then people like us could decide for ourselves what we want to see.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 08-12-2009 at 08:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary