Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 AM

12 posts, read 37,977 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of good consignment shops? I have some Prada and Louis Vuitton assessories and purses that I would like to sell. I've tried Craigslist but not having much luck.

I also have some really nice 14kt gold jewelry I would like to sell. If I go to the gold buyers, they only give me money for the gold weight. I would like to keep the pieces in tack because they are very nice.

Any suggestions besides craigslist & ebay. Maybe a good website??

If anyone knows of a good pawn shop, that would fine as well.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:27 AM

757 posts, read 2,082,053 times
There is a shop like that in downtown Apex, but I can't remember the name

Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,097 times
Annie's Attic in downtown Cary.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,144,769 times
For the jewelry, you could try this place: http://www.jointventurejewelry.com/

Old 11-06-2009, 05:05 AM

836 posts, read 3,468,712 times
There is a place in Five points called Villa Consegna that only has high end consignment clothes.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:49 AM

174 posts, read 407,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson185 View Post
There is a shop like that in downtown Apex, but I can't remember the name
You are probably thinking about "My Girlfriend's Closet" which is a great shop...

Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,166,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbabe15 View Post
Does anyone know of good consignment shops? I have some Prada and Louis Vuitton assessories and purses that I would like to sell. I've tried Craigslist but not having much luck.

I also have some really nice 14kt gold jewelry I would like to sell. If I go to the gold buyers, they only give me money for the gold weight. I would like to keep the pieces in tack because they are very nice.

Any suggestions besides craigslist & ebay. Maybe a good website??

If anyone knows of a good pawn shop, that would fine as well.

Thank you.
GOOD LUCK! I have a Louis Vuitton Eye dare you lap top case I won in NYC at a convention 8 yrs ago. It is still in my closet unused in the LV bag. I know it is worth something, actually quite abit but there are so many fakes out there people don't want to pay what authentic pieces are worth. having said that, you can always tell them to go to a LV store and they can verify authenticity that is if you are near a store. I might pass my piece down but it is for a 15" laptop and my daughters have 17" but good luck!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,335,304 times
There's a shop on Chatham in Cary called Consigning Design which you may want to check out for the clothing. They have high end and "normal" but I don't think she handles precious metal jewelry. I would give a call before heading over, as last time I spoke with her, she was booked quite a way out with appointments to meet with consignors. That said, if you have some great stuff, she might just squeeze you in :-) Here's the link. Consigning Design

Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 9,125 times
I too have about 30 Louis Vuitton purses, probably 10 Prada and Chanel purses. It's tough to sell them on ebay because they need to be authenticated before hand. I have a ton of jewelry to unload as well. All left over from a divorce. I may try going to Annie's Attic or My Girlfriend's closet.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:05 PM

100 posts, read 295,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfisher View Post
I too have about 30 Louis Vuitton purses, probably 10 Prada and Chanel purses. It's tough to sell them on ebay because they need to be authenticated before hand. I have a ton of jewelry to unload as well. All left over from a divorce. I may try going to Annie's Attic or My Girlfriend's closet.
Consignment shops usually give the seller ~50% of the selling price. You can do a lot better on ebay by listing it as authentic and offer to refund full price + shipping if it is not.

I have sold lots of designer bags, shoes, clothes with that caveat. No problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary