Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:15 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,327 times

Advertisements

Can you get a newer home (built in the late 90's to present) in the low $200's in a safe, nice area of Wake County?
I'm not sure what the avg. prices of homes are these days in that area.

If so, can you name some areas, pls?
I'm starting from scratch (again).

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 10:22 AM

646 posts, read 2,050,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Can you get a newer home (built in the late 90's to present) in the low $200's in a safe, nice area of Wake County?
I'm not sure what the avg. prices of homes are these days in that area.

If so, can you name some areas, pls?
I'm starting from scratch (again).

Thanks.
Of course you can. Where is your job?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:36 AM

We are not sure yet. He is a P.A. (Cardio) and has a few options (possibilities).
So right now we are focusing on an area first.
Some interests of ours would be: Apex, North Raleigh, Wake Forest (Oh! and Cary, but I think my price range may be too low for Cary lol).
We would love a 4 bdrm. We have 2 kids (ages 3 and 5), and love recreation (kids are involved in dance, sports, etc (through our City here).
Being close to recreation and such (shopping, etc) is a bonus.

THanks so much!!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 10:57 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,981 times
Yes, I know that there are definitely homes in those parameters in Wake Forest. You will find that most all of the surrounding towns will have homes in this price range (apex, holly springs, wendell, knightdale, etc). The most important thing for you will be commute to a job, so sometimes that has to come first. Rolesville (which is close to wake forest) is also a great option.

Leigh

Old 08-09-2009, 11:01 AM

The job thing I understand, however, as P.A., he may not stay with the same hospital for many years. He may change locations for better salary, etc. Right now he drives 26 miles one way, so we are used to a commute. The job may change, however, the home we want to keep for many years

Are Rolesville and Holly Springs far from "convenience" (shopping, hospitals, recreations, etc.).
Right now we live within a 5 min drive of everything.
Of course I know this will not be possible in another state, but I don't want to be far either

Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,981 times
There are a number of hospitals in the area:

Wake Med - main campus (many natives call it big wake) is on new bern ave, and it is convenient to rolesville and wake forest, probably 15 minutes from rolesville, and little more from wake forest.

There is wake med north: falls of neuse drive, which is in north raleigh on the west side of town, whereas big wake is on the east side of town. Wake med north has a stand alone emergency room and same day surgery center, etc.

Wake Med Cary: located on kildaire farm and tryon road, it is close to apex, cary, etc and definitely located near many things. It is in the southern part of wake county, technically in cary, but not the part of cary that is near RTP (research triangle park, which is where many people work). For me when I lived in that area, the downside was that the shopping (like clothes, big box stores) was 15/20 minutes from me, and that annoyed me!

Rex: main hospital is on blue ridge road, in raleigh, close to NC State University, close to crabtree valley mall.

There is a community hospital that has changed names, and now is maybe associated with duke.

Then, of course there is Duke, UNC Durham regional and the VA.

So, lots of options out there. I think, if possible, looking up the hospitals and their locations, along with a map, may help!

Leigh

Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,088,118 times
Default Add in some sweat equity

I believe Tyler Run in Wake Forest may have some houses that meet your criteria.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:00 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I believe Tyler Run in Wake Forest may have some houses that meet your criteria.
I was thinking Tylers Run, Deacon's Ridge should have a few, Edgeford Park, Flaraty Farms, Jones Dairy, the homes in Cimmaron are probably too small for the most part.....there should be others in Wake Forest as well.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:11 PM

757 posts, read 2,082,700 times
I think you should focus on Holly Springs. Wake Forest would be too far from UNC Hospital if he ever worked there. Holly Springs is the only town I can think of that is going to be central to all the hospitals in the area. The main reason being is that they did get approved to build the new I-540 extention through Holly Springs. You will have easy access to Duke, UNC Hospital, Rex, and Wake Med from there (once the road is built, and it's projected to be finished in 2012 to 2013). Just make sure you know where the road will be built, because I doubt you want I-540 in your backyard. Holly Springs schools are good, the prices are not as high as Cary and Apex, there are plenty of restaurants and recreational activities. Sunset Oaks is a great subdivision with a lot of kids and a resort style pool.

You won't get as much house or upgraded house for that price range in Cary

Chapel Hill will be to far from Wake Med in North Raleigh

North Raleigh would be too far from UNC Hospital

Fuquay would be too far from UNC Hospital (until they get the 540 built), and far from Wake Med. It would be about a 20 minute drive to Rex.

Morrisville..the same as Cary..the low 200's won't buy you much.

Clayton would be too far from UNC Hospital, Duke, and Rex...but Wake Med would be close.

Wake Forest would possibly work for Duke (if you are close to 98)...but would be far from Rex and UNC.

That leaves Apex and Holly Springs....Holly Springs is less expensive than Apex.....so I vote for Holly Springs.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,403 times
I say focus on Holly Springs/Apex too. mjohnson is right about the central location of this area to all the major hospitals. And, now there are lots of 'big box' stores, restaurants, etc... Target, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Old Navy, Panera, Friday's, Chick-fil-a. Apex is further along, but Holly springs either has all that now or it is in the process of being constructed as we speak. I have lived all over Wake Co.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary