Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:45 PM

151 posts, read 404,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever User Name View Post
Your wife may want it, but you'll soon find yourself begging to drive it. The Cooper S's are just bonkers. They really belong on a track, and the cornering is just sick (in a very good way).

As for the cost of ownership, their resale values hold better than almost any car out there. Downsides: Premium fuel and working on them post-warranty though can get pretty high because you're paying for BMW parts crammed into a little space, which leads to high labor costs. But, such is the price of love. If we ever fell on hard times and had to sell our belongings, it would be the last thing to go after a kidney or two.

As a dealer alternative, there is a good Mini garage, Grassroots Garage, but it's also an hours drive from here in Thomasville.
Although I had reliability issues with my 02, I second the resale value remark .. probably the best in the U.S. (in fact they're rated the best). My case -

Bought 6/02 for $22K (excluding tax)
Sold 7/07 for $14.2K (excluding tax) - 82K miles. It held 64.5% of it's value after 5 years. As an aside, had no accidents, and kept the car in pristine condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:10 AM

88 posts, read 287,277 times
Were are going to go this weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary