Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:06 PM

8 posts, read 22,585 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for your reply! You metioned some places I haven't yet heard of. I will look into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,110 times
Default Holly Pointe

Does anyone know any info regarding Holly Pointe or Holly ridge development.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:23 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayles View Post
Does anyone know any info regarding Holly Pointe or Holly ridge development.
Holly Springs or Wendell-Zebulon-Youngsville?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 AM

62 posts, read 257,545 times
I think Chatham county has some wide open spaces that will probably avoid development for a long time to come. But if you want land that will appreciate and you'll be able to subdivide in a couple years and sell to a developer, check out North Eastern Wake County and Eastern Wake.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:07 PM

8 posts, read 22,585 times
Thanks for your reply as a matter of fact we have started to look in Pittsboro and have found some land that may work. Now we are looking to commute to the RTP instead of downtown R. Siler City has land that is very low priced. We could get a very large piece there. Does anyone have a guess at the commute to RTP from Siler City or Bear Creek? I found a comment on the commute from a previous thread but I was a little confused if they meant Pittsboro or Siler City. When we mapped the commute on Yahoo it said it would be over an hour. I hope not, but it is a little too good to be true. Like everything else in life. Thanks to anyone in advance who can answer this question. We are visiting at the end of the month to test drive the commutes. It would be a big help to know ahead of time what to expect.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:19 PM

223 posts, read 1,065,378 times
Does anyone have a guess at the commute to RTP from Siler City or Bear Creek?

Wow, Bear Creek to the RTP would be quite the haul! Minimum of an hour. I base this on the fact that I live in Sanford, and go out to Bear Creek to a great family run fruitcake (don't gag, it's not your typical fruitcake and they have lots of other great things) place called Southern Supreme. It takes me about 20 minutes straight out Hwy 42west to get there. From Sanford to the RTP is about 45-55 mins, depending on traffic, so add that to the Bear Creek commute and it is pretty darn far. There is probably a "back roads" more direct route, but nothing that will let you zip up there in less than an hour. Siler City not a whole lot better either either because it's northwest of RTP.
Have you considered Lee County, possibly the Deep River area of Sanford? That would put you close to US 1North, a fairly easy commute up to RTP. Lots of land there and very scenic. Quite a few people in Sanford work up that way.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:23 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,378 times
In Chatham County I would suggest no further than Pittsboro for a commute. Like the other posts, Siler City would be just too much. Chatham is one of my favorite counties. Very beautiful and still some land. It is getting pricey though. The new subdivisions are very pricey. Minimum of $400's and many are close to if not more than 1 million. Could be some nice appreciation there for a large piece of land.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:02 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,310 times
I am a bit confused. If the commute from Siler City is 45+ minutes, then what is it from Pittsboro to RTP? Anything less than 45 minutes would be great. Thanks all.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 AM

381 posts, read 1,325,617 times
Default As noted above

It sounds like the best options for what you're looking for are Louisberg, Franklinton, Knightdale, Zebulon, and Middlesex.

Smithfield, Clayton, and some areas between Garner, Angier, and Holly Springs might work; but those are seeing a lot of development lately.

So, best corriders are: 401 north toward Louisberg, 264 east toward Knightdale/Zebulon, 55 south toward Angier, and 70 east toward Garner.

You could also go down 64 west toward Pittsboro. There may be some stuff you'd like in the Moncure/Pittsboro area.

You might also find something in the Butner/Creedmoor area off I-85.

If your husband is willing to drive 45 mins, I'm pretty sure you can find what you're looking for in one of those areas.

Good luck,
Mike

Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,358 times
hey, I just realized that someone gave me a negeative rep for my post on this saying it was "purposely misleading" WTF? I was honestly trying to help here and I am NOT a realtor so what gives???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary