Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 30,177 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
I've searched the forum and looked online but cannot get an idea of what installing a swimming pool costs in the Fuquay area.

Nothing fancy, just a kidney shaped pool for the kids.

Have any of you had one installed and perhaps know the approximate size and cost?

Thanks ever so much :')

Adrian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Depending on the size of the pool, the landscaping requirements, and the type of pool, you're probably looking at anywhere from $20k up to $50k.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I think much of the cost can come from the landscaping needed. Our neighbors spent close to 15k on a retaining wall alone. We have considered putting in a pool, and all of the people we have talked to said they estimated 40 and spent closer to 70k when it was all said and done.

these people have regular sized pools, that are salt water. I think a lot depends on the pool, your lot, the type of pool you get (liner, concrete, tiles, etc) the filter, etc

Leigh

Old 11-29-2007, 02:05 PM

4,276 posts, read 5,931,553 times
Default Installed a kidney shaped pool 20 years ago

Our cost in 1987 for a small vinyl lined steel pool, with steps and concrete decking, was over $10 K. You should plan on at least doubling that for 2007 costs. Double it again if you want a gunite pool. And hope the installer does not find rock when doing the excavating.

Stamped concrete decking, or tile decking, or a solar pool heating deck will add significant costs. Slides or diving boards (strongly non-recommended!) will add extra cost. A salt based chlorination system and/or gas heater will each add over $1,000 to the cost if you choose either as options.

Plan on spending $2,000 for a safety fence to enclose the pool and/or yard area, then add a special liability rider of at least $1M to your home owner's policy.

An in-ground pool is a life-time (or life of home ownership) committment. The cost to remove our pool and restore the yard in 2004 was more than the cost to completely renovate the pool - so we renovated.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:06 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
If I was serious about having a pool, I would shop hard right now. Off season for the pool guys should mean good pricing.
They need Christmas money like everyone else.

And I would consider a salt water pool. Supposed to be cheap on chemicals.
Doesn't mean it won't have leaves and dirt...
But I got clients into one and they love it.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:40 PM

168 posts, read 500,087 times
Plan on spending around $30-40k for a pool with a liner. If you want shot-crete, plan on $50k to ? depending on spa, heater, decking etc... Add to that landscaping.
Pricing here in NC for pools are certainly on the high side. As an example, in TX you could get the same pool for around half the price.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 AM

445 posts, read 1,858,780 times
We got a quote last year for a pool with a liner and it was around $20K but it did not include the fencing, pool cover, etc. When I included the must haves with the landscaping it was around $40K.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:23 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Call rising sun pools and they will come out and give you a quote without any pressure. They will have winter pricing right now and also this is a good time to do that project because it is an off season for outside type work. The cost of the pool will be about 16-20k and then there is conrete or decking, electrical, permits, dirt removal if any,required landscaping (there will be a mess after its done), and then there are the options will can go anywhere.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:10 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianinla View Post
Hello all!
I've searched the forum and looked online but cannot get an idea of what installing a swimming pool costs in the Fuquay area.

Nothing fancy, just a kidney shaped pool for the kids.

Have any of you had one installed and perhaps know the approximate size and cost?

Thanks ever so much :')

Adrian
Don't know the cost to install a pool, sorry. But also consider the cost to maintain the pool in both chemicals and labor to open / close and vacuum the pool. We have owned a few pools over the years and the yearly cost is something to consider. Also, one of the best investments with that new pool is one of those automatic vacuum cleaner drones. Not sure of their official name but it sure saves time by letting the unit work on its own to keep your pool clean! Good luck!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 11:14 AM

502 posts, read 1,739,791 times
If you get a salt water system and an automatic vac, the cost and time of maintaining the pool are pretty minimal, other than electricty to run the pump.

We are just in the process of buying a house, and are planning on a pool. One of the houses we considered buying just put a new pool in last year with Rising Sun, and I had them tell me what the cost was so we could factor that into the house search (Can you imagine putting in a pool and then selling your house in one year??? you pretty much lose it all). This was a kidney shaped pool vinyl liner pool, included a saftey cover and automatic vacuum with separate pump, and had a canterlever stamped concrete coping (but had regular concrete decking) and the price was $28K last year. That didn't include fencing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary