Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times

Advertisements

We're coming in June, and were thinking of asking a realtor to show us several houses on one of the days. We want to get a feel for the homes, neighborhoods, land, prices, etc. The thing is that we can't buy until next year. Obviously, we would go with the realtor that showed us around (unless they're just terrible), but is this rude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 08:31 PM

250 posts, read 1,245,919 times
I don't think that's rude. It is an opportunity for a realtor to establish a relationship with you as a future prospective buyer.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:32 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,637 times
We had a realtor who did that for us in February but we are part of a relocation program so she knows that we'll be buying something eventually. It helped all of us as she knows what areas we are interested in and what kind of house we will be looking for and we got to see what we like and don't like.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:33 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
We're coming in June, and were thinking of asking a realtor to show us several houses on one of the days. We want to get a feel for the homes, neighborhoods, land, prices, etc. The thing is that we can't buy until next year. Obviously, we would go with the realtor that showed us around (unless they're just terrible), but is this rude?
Okay, let me try this again........it didn't post last time. No, it is not rude! I have clients who have looked for 8 months, I have others who have looked for 3 days, it is a part of the job.

No worries. As long as your realtor knows that you are scouting the area out, then you have nothing to worry about.

Leigh

Old 04-26-2007, 08:34 PM

548 posts, read 2,647,800 times
Just let the realtor know that. If there is someone who doesn't want to show you houses b/c of it, then that's probably not the realtor you want anyway!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:44 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Not rude at all. It's the (potential) beginning of a successful relationship.

We started working with our realtor last July when we weren't sure if we were going to relocate. She understood completely. In the interim she answered hundred's of questions, provided endless advice and direction and helped us fill in the blanks. Now, nearly a year later, we're about to buy a house from which she'll be duly compensated.

Believe me, it's all part of their business. Just be honest and forthcoming so they can help make your time together productive.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Let the agent in on the truth, and there is no problem at all.
Most Realtors don't hesitate to help folks who don't have an urgent need, when we have time to take care of current clients.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 PM

191 posts, read 236,107 times
Not rude at all. If the real estate agent does her job then she's laying the groundwork for a future sale. If she brushes you off then you shouldn't give her your business anyway.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:09 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I have to agree with them all!

I say if you are honest with people, they'll be honest with you.

If someone isn't interested in helping you now, they proabably won't be a good choice for later either.

Vicki

Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,388 times
We have all done that. I have clients I have been working with for a year now. some have been back 2-3 times, and off we go again. I love it, and they actually start feeling more like family to me than clients. We talk often via email or phone, and its not only real estate we talk about, its everything. Thats the great part of my job. So no definately not rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary