Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,142,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
They're dogs!! Why, why, why must they go everywhere humans go? I love dogs; I own dogs. But I see no earthly reason why they must be everywhere humans go.
I have dogs and cats and kids! When the kids are small, you HAVE to take them EVERYWHERE you go or pay someone else to take them. I was so happy to be able to go somewhere without having to push a stroller or hold a hand so I have no reason to drag my dog everywhere I go! Forget the cats...they aren't that socialized!!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 AM

1,074 posts, read 3,237,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
i'd get a score of like 99 and just take the 2 points off for a 97. right below the mandated posting of that placard i'd post a sign saying "we sacrificed 2 points to allow our guests to bring their canine companions on our patios. thanks for your support."
Actually, that's a great idea! I'd go out of my way to patronize those establishments.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 AM

17,591 posts, read 15,308,255 times
Quote:
why must they go everywhere humans go?
Who said they must or should? Allowing dogs to sit outside on some restaurant patios =/= going everywhere humans go.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:28 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,668,314 times
I hate rules to begin with, but if you don't want to eat outside at a place that allows dogs to sit with their owners...Go somewhere else.

It is too easy. Oh, I guess that is why there is an new rule. DOH!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,857,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Spitting into the wind CH. Props for trying though. At least people aren't lobbying for cats

Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,186,553 times
lol

I think this thread is about played out.....

Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,144,172 times
^lol to you
^^LOL to you

Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,033,181 times
Ha! funny picture! Made me LOL!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:51 PM

192 posts, read 616,135 times
Im a dogowner, and I dont smoke, and honestly it makes me feel really sick being around people who do, especially when i'm eating....sooo why is it ok for people to smoke around others who dont smoke at restaurants, but people cant bring their dogs to the outdoor parts of the restaurants? i can see how it would be an issue if you just let your dog harass people at other tables while they're trying to eat, or is barking constantly, but if your dog can behave and stay at YOUR table, i dont see why it would be an issue. if anything, they should ban annoying crying babies from restaurants...hahah. yeah, i said it! you're all thinking it, as well. theres nothing more annoying than sitting next to a family who lets their kids be obnoxious and loud, or whos baby is screaming at the top of their lungs and the parents ignore it.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:37 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,142,585 times
I attended a luncheon at North Ridge Country Club the other day. As lunch was finishing and we all turned to listen to the speaker, the lady across the table from me, turned her chair so that her back was against the table.

The ENTIRE TIME the speaker was speaking, she kept playing with her hair. She ran her fingers through it. She shook her head. She pushed her hand through her hair from front to back. She pulled her hair up with her hands.

So, why do I bring that up???

It reminded me of this thread and how I felt as though I'd be sitting near someone's dog and the dog would be scratching and hair would be flying!!!

No dogs allowed at the North Ridge Country Club but hair WAS flying! I felt very sorry for the lady that was sitting beside the lady playing with her hair because she was still eating her dessert! Ewwww. So I guess I've decided that sitting beside a dog at lunch may not be so bad!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary