Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 16 days ago)

43,160 posts, read 76,751,962 times

Advertisements

Just when you thought it was safe in Cary, a Farm Animal Frenzy outbreak infects the Cary Academy.

Farm Animal Frenzy Contestant: Cary Academy (broken link)

Similar outbreaks reported in several other locations...
The NC State Fair Original Farm Animal Frenzy (http://www.farmanimalfrenzy.com/gallery.aspx - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 AM

16 posts, read 55,826 times
This is too funny! I think it's best that I lay off this thread as no matter what FACTS I present to the discussion momof3grls will contradict. I guess the only one who can tell if growth will happen will be time. Until then, I will enjoy my beautiful neighborhood, acre lot, goats nearby, and try and dodge the bullets (ha!). How could my father, a retired Raleigh cop have researched the area for me and found it to be just fine!? I guess he doesn't really have the inside scoop afterall and is fine with his daughter living in a gang infested area! How could all of the realtor FRIENDS I've spoken to agree with the growth happening and think it was a good investment? Guess they were lying, too! How could have the first phases of houses in Dayton Woods have increased in value remarkably over the last 2 years?! Guess wakegov is lying! Momof3grls, maybe you should contact all of the developers coming into the area and warn them about the gangs and goats! Sounds like you know more about the area than we all do! ha! PLEASE!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:31 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,148,812 times
Default nothing new

Werent all these trailors and goats and such there before someone moved into a new subdivision in that area? Umm yes so if (and I mean if) someone is complaining it is unjustified unless there is a public nusiance going on.
Some of these people just cant afford a different lifestyle but that doesnt make them bad. If they are not bothering you,dont bother them. Where I live there is also a goat farm and much smaller, trailor like homes there but there are no problems at all.

Gangs are a different story because it is a crime issue. There is nothing going on here that isnt going on in MANY other states.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:34 PM

166 posts, read 662,766 times
Ducter: The goats came after we bought our house, just fyi. It isn't like it's a cute little goat farm with a neat little painted barn and white rail fence. It's cr@p. Many of the houses have gone downhill in their upkeep since we moved there also, and many have turned into rentals. Kml7780: I don't know why your police officer dad let you move there, maybe he's in denial. Maybe he didn't patrol that area--it's not in Raleigh city limits so I don't really know what his career would have to do with having an inside scoop. I have no idea but I'd be mad at him if it were me HA! There are a lot of people in Wake County that hate for anyone to suggest that there is gang activity here. Once again, I NEVER said there were gunshots and bullets flying because of it, just tagging. That's enough for me. It wasn't like it was a one time thing, and there were always nasty looking people walking through our neighborhood and hanging around at the intersections that didn't belong there, and some of them were mean. Some of them were dressed head to toe in one single color. Obviously, there is gang activity in other states. Duh. But there are definitely places in the local area that don't have as much as others. The houses that were built in the first phase were built by a different, better quality builder. I still don't care for the area they are built in at all, but they are much better than the ones in the second phase as far as quality, in my opinion. I still think there are people that, like me, don't want to live in an area like this, whether or not it is PC for me to come out and say it or not. MikeJaquish--you seem to be obsessed with the farm animal frenzy thing. Your sense of humor is lost on me. Try again. Maybe you could come up with a cute play on words or a pun. Don't let me get your goat.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,226,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3grls View Post
Don't let me get your goat.
I still don't understand why people moving to a previously rural part of the county would be offended by some goats. Is it really an issue or just an easy target when putting down an area? We have some cows next to our N. Raleigh Subdivision right next to Bedford. Doesn't seem to hurt the home values up this way! Some People seem to enjoy seeing the farm animals.

Please don't scare the goats!

Fainting Goats | Qarxis.com

I'm too cool for this thread. I'm outta here!

Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 PM

16 posts, read 55,826 times
Default I'm done!

"Kml7780: I don't know why your police officer dad let you move there, maybe he's in denial. Maybe he didn't patrol that area--it's not in Raleigh city limits so I don't really know what his career would have to do with having an inside scoop. I have no idea but I'd be mad at him if it were me HA! "

He's not a police officer any longer (as I said..retired), but he is the president of a private investigative firm in the area, so yes--he does have the "inside scoop" at his fingertips. And why would he be in denial? He absolutely can't face the fact that Dayton Woods is in a "bad" area?! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Everything you've ever said on this forum has been completely anectdotal with absolutely no backing other than your opinion. I guess that is the point of this forum, but it just frustrates me to no end that you can make claim after claim after claim that isn't true based on the facts. I think many of us have just been trying to supply you with the facts. If you're from N.C., you will realize that it isn't common to find trailers dispersed everywhere; some are better looking than others. Tryon Road 15 years ago was nothing but trailers, Stone's school supply, and Silver Lake.
It feels almost like you have some personal "beef" with Fanny Brown Rd. and want to see it go down the tubes! It is natural for people to want to defend where their home is, and not only do I think it is disrespectful for you to cut down the area that so many of us call home, I think it is disrespectful for you to talk so poorly about the folks with little money along the way. Like I said, since you know so much, I think contacting some local developers to warn them about the gangs and goats might be a good call. HA! Don't worry--I'll let you go ahead & have the last word by posting a reply to this b/c I'm so done!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM

281 posts, read 1,106,224 times
Quote:
Ducter: The goats came after we bought our house, just fyi. It isn't like it's a cute little goat farm with a neat little painted barn and white rail fence. It's cr@p. Many of the houses have gone downhill in their upkeep since we moved there also, and many have turned into rentals. Kml7780: I don't know why your police officer dad let you move there, maybe he's in denial. Maybe he didn't patrol that area--it's not in Raleigh city limits so I don't really know what his career would have to do with having an inside scoop. I have no idea but I'd be mad at him if it were me HA! There are a lot of people in Wake County that hate for anyone to suggest that there is gang activity here. Once again, I NEVER said there were gunshots and bullets flying because of it, just tagging. That's enough for me. It wasn't like it was a one time thing, and there were always nasty looking people walking through our neighborhood and hanging around at the intersections that didn't belong there, and some of them were mean. Some of them were dressed head to toe in one single color. Obviously, there is gang activity in other states. Duh. But there are definitely places in the local area that don't have as much as others. The houses that were built in the first phase were built by a different, better quality builder. I still don't care for the area they are built in at all, but they are much better than the ones in the second phase as far as quality, in my opinion. I still think there are people that, like me, don't want to live in an area like this, whether or not it is PC for me to come out and say it or not. MikeJaquish--you seem to be obsessed with the farm animal frenzy thing. Your sense of humor is lost on me. Try again. Maybe you could come up with a cute play on words or a pun. Don't let me get your goat.
Oh my gosh!!! You will never believe it..I was just driving down Fanny Brown Rd. on my daily crime watch drive and low and behold I saw what looked to be 7 people .........riding goats. They had there own saddles, some red and some blue. There was also what looked to be people playing hooky because the schools are so bad here. I have had enough! I am going to put my house up for sale today and I am going to throw in the pig I keep tied to the stake in the front yard... Yes, this is sarcasm. Everytime I think it's over I get an email, go pop some more popcorn and watch the show again. I post on this board to help people, but when my neighborhood/area is being bashed I will stand up for it. I ...........will also let you have the last word. Everyone else, if you are curious, please take time to drive up Fanny Brown Rd and see for yourself...but lock your doors!!

Last edited by Stu Barnes; 09-26-2007 at 02:57 PM..

Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 PM

166 posts, read 662,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Barnes View Post
Everyone else, if you are curious, please take time to drive up Fanny Brown Rd and see for yourself...but lock your doors!!

Finally a good suggestion. Especially the lock your doors part

Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 PM

86 posts, read 141,321 times
Default Have you ever driven in the rush hour traffic in that area?

It is awful!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,226,951 times
Quote:
Finally a good suggestion. Especially the lock your doors part
Better yet, maybe we should lock this thread.

*hits drums* Ba-Dum-Chhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary