Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 03:19 PM

8,158 posts, read 10,888,094 times

Advertisements

After all this burger talk it's Char-Grill tonight...Hillsborough St. The BEST burger in town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 03:32 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,761,175 times
well what about the age old "2 all beef patties - special sauce - lettuces/cheese - pickle - onions on a sesame seed roll"

Old 12-11-2015, 03:47 PM

135 posts, read 169,138 times
Confucius say, "person doesn't crave burger, parasite do."

Old 02-13-2016, 12:04 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,177,371 times
I ate at Burgerfi, for the first time.

Very good. Better than Five Guys but hubby likes fries from Five Guys more.

"I" think Burgerfi is better than Smashburger. I'm definitely all about Char Grill BUT I feel like the burgers are not as good as they used to be.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:22 PM

6,345 posts, read 5,437,121 times
I've never understood the appeal of Char-Grill. I gave the Durham one two tries; both times the patty was burnt and dry and the bun/cheese/toppings underwhelming. Fries weren't cooked all the way through and still had the raw potato taste and texture in the middle.

I'd consider myself a burger-fanatic and there are so many great options in the Triangle that I just never got the Char-Grill popularity.

I know there are a few other locations; is the one off 54 in Durham maybe the redheaded stepchild store of the chain?

Old 02-13-2016, 01:15 PM

57 posts, read 101,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

"I" think Burgerfi is better than Smashburger. I'm definitely all about Char Grill BUT I feel like the burgers are not as good as they used to be.
You can get BurgerFi fries "well done". Then they easily rival Five Guys.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:29 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,232,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
only similarity between those two is that they're both burger chains that are a cut above McDs, BK, Wendy's, etc. other than that, totally different burgers.

personally, i'd settle for Jack in the Box making it to the Triangle. i know they have them in Charlotte. just a little further............

Mike
We call "Jack in the Box" "Jack in the Crack"

Old 02-13-2016, 02:43 PM

9,134 posts, read 14,704,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I've never understood the appeal of Char-Grill. I gave the Durham one two tries; both times the patty was burnt and dry and the bun/cheese/toppings underwhelming. Fries weren't cooked all the way through and still had the raw potato taste and texture in the middle.

I'd consider myself a burger-fanatic and there are so many great options in the Triangle that I just never got the Char-Grill popularity.

I know there are a few other locations; is the one off 54 in Durham maybe the redheaded stepchild store of the chain?
They can be hit or miss. I've never had one as bad as what you are describing though, TarHeelNick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh5150 View Post
You can get BurgerFi fries "well done". Then they easily rival Five Guys.
I'm really confused on Five Guys fries. Every time I have had them, they were an underdone, greasy mess. Char grill destroys their fries.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:47 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,367,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
They can be hit or miss. I've never had one as bad as what you are describing though, TarHeelNick.

I'm really confused on Five Guys fries. Every time I have had them, they were an underdone, greasy mess. Char grill destroys their fries.
I like Five Guys fries, but yeah they are very greasy. And don't get a large! Even the small is more than enough for 1 person.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:29 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,154,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post

Never understood the appeal of Five Guys burgers or fries. Both are easily the greasiest I've EVER been served. The fries are soft and soggy, and the burgers are fried and super greasy. Nasty AND overpriced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary