U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-31-2009, 11:23 AM

54 posts, read 141,235 times
Default Where to sell an old wedding dress

Does anyone know a good place to sell an old wedding dress? it's from a previous marriage and I would like it out of my closet. I would like to find a fairly decent place to take it to but don't know where to look. Any help would be wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 12:34 PM

6,061 posts, read 8,859,061 times
How about donating it to Retails Thrift Shop? ANIMALKIND Their proceeds go to low-cost spay/neuter programs.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 PM
WDJ

283 posts, read 372,582 times
There's a consignment store in Cary for selling wedding dresses. The website is Gorgeous Gowns and Wedding Dresses. I've never sold anything there, so I can't really comment on how easy it is.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM

170 posts, read 273,645 times
If it's not very old and you're willing to donate it, you could send it to Brides Against Breast Cancer (Brides Against Breast Cancer). They sell wedding dresses and use the money to grant wishes to men and women with terminal breast cancer. I have not donated a dress to them, but I bought my wedding dress from them in February when they had a gown sale in Raleigh.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:05 PM

54 posts, read 141,235 times
Both of those donation ideas are wonderful. I LOVE animals and do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer every year. How do I pick one?! I will also check out that place in Cary. Thank you so much!!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 PM

7,785 posts, read 10,051,496 times
Your last name wouldn't be Havisham, would it??

Old Today, 06:10 PM

3,198 posts, read 1,397,854 times
If you list it on CL, you might find someone who falls in love with your wedding dress. Our daughter listed hers there and ended up giving it to a group that provides wedding dresses for military brides who contacted her.

There are also several websites that sell used wedding dresses. Not sure how successful they are.

Old Today, 07:59 PM

1,561 posts, read 453,539 times
You may want to consider donating your dress to this organization. "NICU Helping Handsí Angel Gown Program began in 2013 because we recognized the overwhelming need to support families who lost a baby while in the hospital. Our Angel Gown Program provides comfort for families by providing a beautiful gown for final photos and for burial services. There is no greater gift that can be given to a grieving family than affirming the importance of the life of their child by offering this simple gift."

Angel Gown | NICU Helping Hands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary