Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
When I was down for my visit I traveled through Clayton. There were several S/D. Some of them seemed ghostly with hardly anyone around. I am looking to buy a home for 230K or less, no more then 10 years old. I would like it to be full of life, with children playing, etc. I grew up on a street that was like that, I really want the same for my child.
Hi there, My name is Ora Barbour and I am a Real Estate Broker in Raleigh, NC I will be glad to e-mail you Clayton Subdivisions in your price range, that you can check out. Let me know if I can help. My e-mail is orabarbour@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 07:42 PM

419 posts, read 1,397,589 times
Riverwood Athletic Club is nice. I don't live there but live in a nearby community. Sounds like it may fit your bill. They even have highly rated schools within your subdivision that your children could walk to.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I've noticed that there are a lot more kids out in the communities that have pools, especially since many of the pools recently opened.

Vicki

Old 05-21-2007, 06:31 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,107 times
Hi Lori!!!
Congrats! You are going to LOVE it here! Lots of little kids in the neighborhood, and everyone is so NICE!
If you are doing a build-to-buy in the open lot area, chances are, you are building behind my house, lol. I still can't believe how many open lots have already sold.

You will love your electricity bill, lol. Town of Clayton actually has the electric, water, and sewage all combined into one bill so that's a plus. Which model did you get? I heard the houses in the empty lots are going to have basements? Did you get that option? I thought that was pretty cool. I got the "Taylor" model home, its on a slab though.

So glad you're moving to the neighborhood!!!
Feel free to PM me at anytime!

~Heather~

Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 AM

770 posts, read 3,680,626 times
Ferrick, I heard that if you get your electricity through Clayton they charge you a higher rate because Clayton buys it from the electric company and then dispurses it to the residents? What is your average bill if you do not mind me asking? I am trying to figure out what my electricity rate is going to be outside the city limits of Clayton. Here is Maryland electricity has gone through the roof and is forcing some to have to sell their homes because they can not afford the bill.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,107 times
I went from Progress Energy in Raleigh (Wake County) to Town of Clayton. My old house in Raleigh was about 1100 sq feet. My average bill there was around $150.

My new house is almost 3000 sq ft and my average bill is $125.
I moved to an Anderson home where they use tighter construction and better filteration system, that makes them an Energy star home.
I think I made a good choice!
I also bought those energy lightbulbs too, which I also used at my last house.
I still laugh everytime I get my bill, craziest thing I have ever seen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary