Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:31 AM

53 posts, read 161,706 times

Advertisements

We are looking at two homes, and we love both of them. We have a just turned four year old girl and a boy going into 6th grade this year. Where would you want to live? Eagle Ridge ( wake schools ) or Glen Laurel (johnston schools ) Both houses are beautiful. Any and all help is needed and needed now as we are in a quick close in Calif. Would the Broadmoor homes even be in the ballpark with the other two. Help, and please be honest. Thanks, I have to pick today!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 AM

546 posts, read 2,411,491 times
I Have extensively resdearched the Broadmoor neighborhood so I can only speak for that one. I truly love that neighborhood. The schools (elementary, middle and high) are not only rated great schools but they are very close to Broadmoor. I spoke to several moms in that neighborhood how LOVE the schools. The community basketball and soccer fields are right next to BM as well. I also love the community pool, tennis court and basketball court. We are house hunting there in the fall. Sorry I can't help with the other neighborhoods. Good luck today and keep us posted on your decision!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:26 AM

52 posts, read 225,915 times
I don't know about Broadmoor but we researched Glen Laurel and Eagle Ridge and for us we would choose Glen Laurel hands down!! I couldn't find the right house for us in Glen Laurel which was a complete let down for my golfer husband but I looove that community plus I believe the schools are higher rated than Eagle Ridge. Glen Laurel is a more evenly priced community and the new houses going up in the back section are gorgeous..

Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 AM

13 posts, read 50,990 times
I agree with lisads...we really loved Glen Laurel as well compared to Eagle Ridge (can't speak for Broadmoor either) and are planning to by there as soon as our current home sells.

Good luck!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,130,683 times
I am hoping that you have your Buyer's Agent with you today! Making a choice like this WITH an agent is the best decision you can make. Hurry, run out and find SOMEONE to help you! You should not go into a new neighborhood and talk to the Sales People without someone to represent you. The sales people work for the builder. Gee, I sound like a broken record.

I think its wonderful that so many on here can offer great opinions but taking a buyer's agent with you is important. Look at it that its another set of eyes and ears, and another set of opinions!!!

Vicki

Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM

Post Please keep helping....

We do have a buyers agent, but what I am looking for are real people who have looked into the three home sites, and into the schools. Any and all help is needed! Thanks

Old 05-01-2007, 04:17 PM

139 posts, read 549,242 times
Don't know if you have made a decision yet but here is my 2-cent (8 yr Clayton resident).

Glen Laurel is a very nice neighborhood, it is so nice because it is older and established. Lots of families. It is city limits so you will pay much higher city taxes and utilities. If we had found a good house there, this would not have deterred us from buying but the smaller lots for the new homes was the factor. GL will get a new elem school near it coming 2008 with space on the campus for a new middle that is undetermined.

Broadmoor is not in Clayton although it has Clayton address. Community is Cleveland area. Beautiful homes in the West section with many good builders. Good schools too. We just wanted to be closer to town so I did not feel "home" in Broadmoor. All brick in the West section-kinda McMansiony looking but not too bad.

Cannot comment on Eagle Ridge although it looks nice. Would not touch Wake County schools with a ten foot pole. Statistics are not everything.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 PM

133 posts, read 709,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmomtothree View Post
...Would not touch Wake County schools with a ten foot pole. Statistics are not everything.
Totally agree about the over-use/over-reliance on stats.
It seems everyone here is raving about the Wake County school system, but you're obviously not in that same boat. Do you have some inside info or personal experiences you'd like to share?
Thanks in advance!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:08 PM

359 posts, read 1,833,606 times
Hmm...9pm here, What did you decide?

Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 PM

Angry You wont believe it

We picked the house in Glen Laurel! We were just about to fax the offer over when it all fell to pot. Our so called buyer with good credit and income. Who we knew was doing 100% financing was not the buyer! He used his brother's name and credit. The lender found out and as you may guess our house fell out of contract. Seventeen days into a 30 day escrow! I am so mad I could spit. We have a back up ( maybe )and they did come and look again at our house. Their agent said they will be making an offer maybe tomorrow. But their agent knows it fell out of escrow, so God only knows what they will offer. This just stinks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary