Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,315 times

Advertisements

My husband is currently stationed at Fort Bragg and I work in downtown Durham. We are looking for somewhere in the middle to buy a house that isnt a long commute for both of us. We have looked at Fuquay Varina but have been told it is too far from Fort Bragg. Does anyone know of somewhere just north of Sanford right off of Rt 1 that has nice houses, trying to stay under 200k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 03:22 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,077,583 times
You might want to try closer to Holly Springs if the goal is to equalize commute times as opposed to distance. You'll have more traffic heading to Durham in the AM than he'll see going to Ft Bragg.

Frank

Old 09-08-2009, 04:32 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,057,895 times
I know a couple in a similar situation: he works in RTP, she works in Fayetteville. They bought a home in Sanford.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,367 times
I live in Lee County, East of Sanford. My area would not be as convenient, but you do have a few options:

-If you need any sense of community, then probably inside Sanford limits, although I think it is a crappy town. (Sorry)
-Just North is the area around Deep River. There are a few developments out that way, like Doe Run, or a few others.
-Broadway is a little closer to Ft. Bragg, but I can tell you the commute to RTP would be about 50 minutes.
-Owls Roost near Tramway (part of Sanford) is a decent location too.
-West Lake is a little bit more expensive, but lots of mature neighborhoods that way, so you can look there too.

And lots of lots of lots of country/rural living everywhere in between.

Disclaimer: All of these areas have their pros and cons. I don't know what you value in a neighborhood or area, so CHECK THEM OUT, and be sure to know what the neighbors are like, if that is important to you. (I'm not making any assumptions, I just don't know...)

Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM

393 posts, read 673,745 times
  1. Fuquay-Varina
  2. Willow Springs
  3. Clayton

Old 10-01-2010, 04:35 PM

7 posts, read 13,859 times
Have you moved already? I live in FV and my dad often goes to Ft. Bragg... the commute doesn't seem to bad. Would love to answer any questions you have about this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary