Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM

333 posts, read 1,201,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
I quite don't understand why someone would not use the space. I am single and bought a 4 bedrooms home and I am using *all* of them one for each own purpose and i love it And I have big plans for the unfinished walk-up attic too!
What do you use the 4 bedrooms for?

Master = sleeping
2nd = den
3rd = ?
4th = ?

When I say "use" I don't mean as a guest bedroom... I mean on a daily basis to go into the room and use it for some reason, or at least weekly

Curious what you use yours for on a continous basis as a single? I live in a house even now (bungalow), and I dont use the 3rd bedroom at all.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:55 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
It is a beautiful home, and I believe every square inch of that home will be used. No doubt. Glad your enjoying it.

Debbie

Old 09-01-2006, 05:36 PM

693 posts, read 2,760,471 times
Thank you Debbie

ThisGuy, there are several uses for extra bedrooms depending on your hobbies and lifestyle. Home Office, Library/study, exercise room, TV room/home theater, studio for playing instruments and practice, and of course guest room, etc.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:54 PM

34 posts, read 144,148 times
CARY: Containment Area for Relocated Yankeess--looks to me, from where I sit in Durham, NC, to be a sprawling suburban nightmare filled with too-white, too uptight, too nerdy and too "All american" types with littie imagination and no sense of CULTURE. Living in strip mall suit you? If yes, move there!

Old 09-03-2006, 08:07 AM

333 posts, read 1,201,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walden9 View Post
CARY: Containment Area for Relocated Yankeess--looks to me, from where I sit in Durham, NC, to be a sprawling suburban nightmare filled with too-white, too uptight, too nerdy and too "All american" types with littie imagination and no sense of CULTURE. Living in strip mall suit you? If yes, move there!
Walden9, have you met RaleighRob? I think you 2 might be soulmates

Old 09-03-2006, 11:42 AM

34 posts, read 144,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy View Post
Walden9, have you met RaleighRob? I think you 2 might be soulmates
Not yet, but I'm hoping to! I would love to join his troupe of Lefties, although I don't drink. Yes, we seem to agree on things. He's far more strategic about it, though.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:50 PM

60 posts, read 303,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabell View Post
Anyone living in Cary? Can you tell me if you like it. Is it a nice place to live? How is the weather? Is housing affordable? Are there things to do? About how far is Cary from The Outer Banks? What kind of insects are in NC?? Are there jobs available in Cary or surrounding cities??
Any help and info would be great!

To answer the original post...

I live in Cary, have for over a year now. Before that I have lived in Raleigh for about 6 years, on the west side of the city pretty much in Cary.

I honestly wouldn't want to live anywhere else in this area, with the exception of maybe (maybe) historic Oakwood. I have lived in a few other places in NC as well as in the city of Seattle, WA. I have visited and driven around nearly the entire US. Cary is a pretty good place to live.

Not sure where you are moving from, but the cost of living here is cheap. Anyone who complains hasn't lived in the northeast or on the west coast. Check out real estate there and compare to Cary before complaining.

Jobs are abundant with RTP nearby. Plenty of jobs in Raleigh as well, and some in Cary. I work in RTP, and live on the opposite side of Cary. It's a 25 minute drive with little traffic. There are enough backroads you don't have to take the interstate.

Weather is good, at least IMO. I like it warm, and I can wear shorts here from April until November (sometimes longer). Spring and fall are very nice.

There is plenty to do, as with any city. Museums, parks, shopping...all very close. Within an hour there are 2 recreational lakes that you can boat on. You can be to Wilmington in ~ 90 minutes and the mountains in a few hours.

IMO, people who say Cary is full of uptight snobs don't live here. A few neighborhoods have given the city a bad reputation (ie Preston, Lochmere, etc). My neighborhood is older and there are no covenants here. Many areas are like this in Cary. People are free to do with their yard and home as they wish. The area in general is a mix of all kinds of people, so you won't have any trouble finding like-minded friends.

If you have speicific questions please feel free to PM me. Like I said I've seen a lot of this great country and lived a few different places (as has my wife), so I can give a fairly unbiased opinion. Granted I do like living here but if you want to know more just let me know.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:37 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that you'll pay premium for local things if you live in Cary.

As an example, I used to pay $9 to have my dog's nails clipped in North Raleigh. In Cary they charged me $22!!! And the examination fee was much higher too!

Old 09-05-2006, 04:53 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
Wow, remind me to stay where I am to clip those nails. You need to take a trip to North Raleigh, when those nails grow. ;-) Hope all is well and your still doing fine out there.

Debbie

Old 09-06-2006, 06:13 AM

Thanks Debbie, I actually found a nice place in Holly Springs that also charges $9 for the nail clip. And it's a much better vet than the one in Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary