Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:49 AM

306 posts, read 883,228 times

Advertisements

Yep, I sooo miss them! Enjoy the time in Boston - Mass. is just beautiful this time of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 06:42 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Thumbs up Cider Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadesign View Post
I have to slip this in, does anywhere have cider donuts??
I don't think so. I have looked high and low for them in the Triangle with no luck. I just got back from seeing family in NJ and I made a point of picking up some Apple Cider and Cider donuts while I was there and I smuggled them back to Raleigh. Ah! nothing says fall like munching on a nice cider donut!

Old 09-19-2009, 08:20 AM

62 posts, read 224,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I don't think so. I have looked high and low for them in the Triangle with no luck. I just got back from seeing family in NJ and I made a point of picking up some Apple Cider and Cider donuts while I was there and I smuggled them back to Raleigh. Ah! nothing says fall like munching on a nice cider donut!

SO JEALOUS! enjoy!

Old 09-19-2009, 08:21 AM

62 posts, read 224,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadesign View Post
Yep, I sooo miss them! Enjoy the time in Boston - Mass. is just beautiful this time of year.

Thanks! Going to visit family for my niece's birthday... She'll be 2!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:04 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,755,862 times
Pumpkins and Halloween Fun:
Volmer Farms..... it's worth the drive!
Welcome to Vollmer Farm

Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 PM

393 posts, read 673,745 times
Best fall thing to do is take nice drives through our beautiful country roads during foliage season. It's a really NICE thing to do.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:48 PM

741 posts, read 3,510,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

I'm so super jealous right now. I miss, miss, miss Delicious Orchards.....

Old 09-20-2009, 06:26 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcoleman View Post
One great place to go in the fall is Hillridge Farms, which is just north of Raleigh, closer to Wake Forest. There are a tons of things to do there, you can pick your own pumpkins, go on hay rides, they have a giant slide for the kids, as well as the adults, a petting farm, etc. It's worth the trip.
I don't generally like to post negative comments about local stuff (different rules when I'm in the Politics forum) but my experience at Hillridge was completely different. Used to be great, but in the last year or two, they have gotten so big that lines for everything were about an hour long. Lines for food were even longer, and when you got to the counter they were out of most things, and completely disorganized.

I think what has happened is they have gotten so popular that they have been overwhelmed on some days. Hope they figure out how to either limit the number of folks admitted, or how to handle the crowds, BUT until they do, it is a pretty rough day for young kids. They grow impatient and cranky, and really don't have that fun of a time.

I actually spoke (politely) to one of the owners last year. They were understanding, offered to give us our money back (we declined) so maybe they are working on it.

Not to bash the place, I think their intentions are good, but it is not a great deal for young kids until they figure out how to handle the crowds.

Not to bash, this is a public service announcement....

Old 09-20-2009, 07:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
There's not much we miss --- but Cider and cider doughnuts on a sunny fall day --- simply WOW....actually FRESH CIDER and any doughnut....

Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 AM

306 posts, read 883,228 times
NRG... I am so jealous right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary