Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
T|K T|K started this thread

891 posts, read 2,495,908 times

Advertisements

There are 5 of them total, I don't think they want to go the consignment route either.

She did really like the J Crew stuff, I did not know there is on in NC that has them. They had thought about going to DC (where my fiances family is to go to the JC there that sells them), as 3 of them can easily get there. 1 of the bridesmades is in Charlotte, one Western NC, one in Maryland, 1 Wilmington, and one here locally. So Raleigh is the easiest place to meet to go and look. They do already have an appt scheduled for David's Bridal so they are checking that out. Also, it would be easy to get it sent to their local store than. They are having a 10am (first appointment on a saturday with them) so hopefully it won't be "as" busy.

Thanks everybody for the help so far, I will have her look at this thread tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 AM

447 posts, read 1,619,371 times
My sister had a wedding with two bridesmaids. We both picked out a floor length, halter silk gown with waist beading at Belk. The store didn't have my size, but ordered it from another store for me. Pretty affordable. I refused to go to Davids after the horrendous experience I had with them when shopping for my own wedding gown. I liked Bridal Mart for my own wedding gown, but didn't find any bridesmaids dresses I liked there.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:31 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
My daughter got her's from Diamond Bridal, located behind Red Lobster off Old Wake Forest Road. They have been very helpful. Most of the bridal party is out of state.

Vicki

Old 09-22-2009, 07:43 AM
T|K T|K started this thread

891 posts, read 2,495,908 times
We had actually checked them out this weekend Vicki and was not very impressed by them or the women working there that was "helping" us.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
We had actually checked them out this weekend Vicki and was not very impressed by them or the women working there that was "helping" us.
The first time we went there, my daughter had already chosen her bridesmaid dresses but she wanted somewhere local to order them from. They had the dresses, younger daughter tried one on and older daughter gave the info. to the ladies working there. I think it is a mom and daughter. They seemed very helpful.

I later went back to order my dress. Again, very helpful.

We didn't require a lot of "customer service" since we knew what we wanted but they seemed helpful to me. They didn't "fuss" over us but that isn't what we wanted, anyway.

I have heard a lot of people involved in weddings complain about most of the bridal shops and I'm not sure why. I have heard that there are websites devoted to the complaints. Again, I don't know why there would be more complaints in the wedding industry than others.

Vicki

Old 09-23-2009, 08:02 AM

14 posts, read 38,065 times
I was in a wedding last year and we got our dresses from J.Crew. Most stores don't carry them, so we all had to order several sizes to see which ones worked. It worked out okay because shipping was free and you can return them to the store so you don't pay any return shipping.

Several of us were really unimpressed with the quality, though. Two of the ones I got had bad zippers and the third wasn't much better. Two other girls had problems with their zippers as well. We all agreed that when you pay $250 for a cotton dress, you don't expect to have any zipper problems.

I personally think Ann Taylor is higher quality. I think some stores carry more occasion dresses in stock as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary