U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 PM

37 posts, read 153,735 times
Expect it to start around 6:00 and go until around 10:00. Heavy traffic is around 7:00-8:30
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 03:41 PM

194 posts, read 332,969 times
Quote:
Halloween when it starts getting dark. Isn't that the way it is everywhere?
Actually no. When we moved to a new town in NJ, we were really confused when we had trick-or-treaters knocking at our door two days before Halloween....turns out, in the town that we had moved to, they had Trick-or-Treating during the DAY before it got dark out, the Sunday before Halloween....really weird..... We had to rush out to the store and buy candy since we still hadn't, figuring we still had 2 days to get some. Kind of ruins the fun of it, though, especially during the day!!

At my apartment in North Raleigh last year, I got 1 trick-or-treater...ONE! I was totally bummed. I had bought loads of candy, and I had all these halloween decorations, but my apartment was kind of secluded, in the woods, but I figured that the complex kids would at least make their rounds. Hopefully I get more kids this year, especially since Halloween is on a weekend night!! =D

Old 10-10-2009, 03:55 PM

7,942 posts, read 10,293,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bljonesrr View Post
Expect it to start around 6:00 and go until around 10:00. Heavy traffic is around 7:00-8:30
It does NOT last until 10; even the teenagers going around trying to mooch free candy rarely try after 9.

We turn off the light at 8:00 (unless we see a specific group headed our way), and usually at that point, there have been few coming around for 15 minutes or so. I'd say the "busy period" is much earlier, like 6:00-7:00, with the littlest kids starting before sundown. Edited: I had forgotten that Daylight Saving Time moved back and now, the whole schedule may have shifted. We've been out of town the past two years since it changed. But I still would be shocked to have anyone who wasn't too old to be doing it coming around after 8:30.

This might depend on neighborhood, though? I'm speaking for North Raleigh, where I grew up and live now.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:02 PM

247 posts, read 383,552 times
When we moved here, I looked for the "assigned" trick or treat times too. Where I moved from, trick or treat nights were listed in the newspaper. Looking at their website for this year, trick or treat times range from Thursday the 29th to Saturday the 31st, depending on what community you live in.
When we moved here, I just didn't know it was done any differently...........but everyone quickly brought me up to speed when I asked :-) Logic...trick or treat is the 31st.......I like it. Easy to remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary