Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,578,301 times

Advertisements

My sister really seemed to enjoy Sanford Antique Mall when she came to visit back in May. I'm not much into antiques so I can't offer an opinion. I don't remember if I saw postcards or greeting cards, but I'm sure you could call and ask. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:50 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,041,614 times
I just got back from Gresham Antique Mall. Most vendors are 20 to 50 percent off.

I saw postcards from other states, but that was about it. None from NC. I collect them myself, and I didn't see any holiday-related or humorous ones.

There's not a lot of furniture but there is a lot of glassware. I couldn't find any 1950's illustrated children's books that I wanted to get for a friend. If I was going to buy anything, I'd buy the old salt and pepper shakers (there are some gorgeous ones in the back), but they were $20 to $40 a set. I know that's the going rate, but it's not in my budget. But they were still great.

There seemed to be a steady stream of customers.

I overheard an employee say that the N&O called, and "That was fast." I had posted they were closing as soon as it was posted on CL. This is probably how it went: CL --> CD -- N&O

Old 10-17-2009, 10:20 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,099,345 times
The antique mall in Sanford was OK, we got some cool things but the area around it was really creepy. Looked like a ghost town on the day we went in August.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:31 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,578,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
The antique mall in Sanford was OK, we got some cool things but the area around it was really creepy. Looked like a ghost town on the day we went in August.
Yeah, we went on a Sunday afternoon and everything else around it was closed. We had hoped to find a nice place for lunch, but no dice.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 AM

152 posts, read 540,026 times
There's a little yellow house, red shutters on Main Street in Holly Springs. I was in there many years ago and they had tons of post cards. I bought some really old ones from NYC. I'm not sure if they're still open or still have that many.

I actually posted to second the SELMA recommendation. It was the first place I thought of when I read the title. Also, there are several shops in Pittsboro. I wonder how these shops are doing in this economy?

Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,139,721 times
Look for a store that has a sign that says "Antiques made daily".

Old 10-19-2009, 07:02 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,041,614 times
I've noticed loads of (furniture) antiques on CL this past year. I think people are trying to get a few bucks wherever they can.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:18 PM

3 posts, read 5,107 times
How old an 'antique"? It's fun to look through the items at Classic Treasures Consignments in Durham. I just bought a pine table with fluted legs and have got my eye on an antique French bed there :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary