Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM

842 posts, read 2,587,046 times

Advertisements

Can anyone here tell me anything about Haverty's Furniture Store? Do you think the quality furniture they sell is pretty good? What do you think about their customer service and pricing?

In addition, by comparison, how would you rate them vs. Basset Furniture Store in terms of customer service, pricing and quality?

I find it hard to believe that in order to get good quality furniture I have to drive all the way to High Point and that there is nowhere in the Triangle that can save me that trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 06:30 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
I never bought anything from them, but i've perused a number of times and their stuff seems up to snuff with the better brands out there.

as for Bassett, we love their furniture but i will never do business with the Raleigh store again. they are shady, manipulative, and dishonest. i could go into detail, but it would probably get me so mad i would be typing all night. do yourself a favor and check the stuff out there but then buy online or over the phone. the problem seems to only be with that store because they are privately-owned. if you want to do face-to-face business with an actual company store, head to Greensboro.

Mike

Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 PM

250 posts, read 1,245,634 times
We purchased a sofa and accent chairs from Haverty's as well as a king mattress set. Others may have a better sense of the store, but I really have the sense that they are a middle of the road type furniture store. Solid quality (not tops) at moderate (but not cheap) prices. We have been pleased with our purchases from them. Our experience was good customer service without significant pressure to buy.

Also, we found the ability to bargain on delivery (got free delivery on the mattresses even though it wasn't advertised--we just asked for it.

Last edited by cary_nc; 10-09-2009 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Add detail.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:37 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,127,858 times
I would say middle of the road in price and quality. I have a solid oak bedroom set that I purchased from them 12 years ago. It's been through 9 moves and still looks great.

Most recently, I purchased a sectional sofa from them. The customer service was excellent, as always. IMOP, Haverty's has some of the best delivery personnel and follow up. Before the guys got out of my neighborhood, Haverty's customer service was calling to ensure everything was to my liking.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:40 PM

17 posts, read 99,499 times
I bought most of my furniture from them last year and found the quality to be good with fair prices. Customer service was great too. Lois is my sales person and knows his stuff.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:51 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Can anyone here tell me anything about Haverty's Furniture Store? Do you think the quality furniture they sell is pretty good? What do you think about their customer service and pricing?
Haverty's customer service is great, but the furniture delivered to our home was not the same level of quality we saw in the showroom. I'm not at all saying they're doing a bait and switch, but everything they delivered to our home from the same manufacturer was damaged.

We thought the damage was happening while the delivery trucks were being loaded at the warehouse. We then requested new furniture left in the factory boxes which I opened myself and also found damage, so it was happening at the manufacturer. At that point we requested a refund.

I don't directly blame Haverty's since they tried their best in good faith to make it right, but the manufacturer they were using for that particular furniture has some build quality issues which Haverty's needs to address since it is affecting their customers and business.

This was our first purchase at Haverty's and probably our last, which is unfortunate, but I've never had so much trouble buying furniture before going through the Haverty's experience. The quality certainly didn't live up to what we expected for the price paid.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 PM

299 posts, read 635,047 times
Haverty's is a decent low to mid level quality store IMO. They have different varieties of quality. However, I think their customer service and low pressure sales is what really keep them in business. I'd check Boyle's and their list of manufacturers before I'd go to Haverty's. Boyles will also give you quotes on any item you wish via email with NO pressure to buy. I bought several things from them last year and paid one delivery fee of $75 despite the various items being delivered at different times as they arrived from the manufacturer. They have a great variety and will match or beat any prices from other stores. Their website has their list of manufacturers. You don't have to leave the area to find the things you're looking for but you can find more variety throughout other areas of NC.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
I would say middle of the road in price and quality. I have a solid oak bedroom set that I purchased from them 12 years ago. It's been through 9 moves and still looks great.

Most recently, I purchased a sectional sofa from them. The customer service was excellent, as always. IMOP, Haverty's has some of the best delivery personnel and follow up. Before the guys got out of my neighborhood, Haverty's customer service was calling to ensure everything was to my liking.
I second most of this post.

What we bought from them was fairly priced and has held up well. Plus the delivery people truly distinguished themselves from the competition. If they are selling what you're looking for at a fair price than it's likely a good deal for you.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
We love Haverty's. Got a floor model of an entertainment center wall unit for 50% off...got a few dings in it, but with a toddler around the house, there will be more of those. Delivery guys were fantastic.

We just special ordered a chair through them as well. We had seen it in a furniture store out of state, and then came back home and decided to order it. Went to Haverty's but we got a bit confused about which exact model it was. Haverty's was having a 15% off sale at the time, and they allowed us to put in the order for our best guess on the model but not actually commit the order until we were able to double check on the model a week later. After checking, we realized we had the wrong model, and were able to switch things up easily with no questions asked and still at the discounted rate.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
We have a bunch of their furntiture and I'd say middle of the road. Most of it has held up pretty well and some pieces are 10-12 years old now. They're still pretty OK, but definitely starting to show wear at this point. It probably also depends on what it is and how much use it's going to get. I look at it as "10 year furniture". I've been pretty happy with our purchases from there, but I have no idea if their quality has gone up or down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary