Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:09 AM

220 posts, read 863,641 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
We just moved to Apex. I would love to hear from some CD members who already live there with any suggestions for their favorite places in the area. Where is your fav restaurant? Fav places to shop or go for coffee? I know Beaver Creek Commons obviously, but I'm just looking forward to discovering more that Apex has to offer. I've already checked out the Parks & Rec programs from Apex's website; they have a lot to offer, which we are excited about! Any other suggestions? Where do you go to church, what's your favorite park, fav ice cream store etc etc.
Thanks CD for your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM

871 posts, read 3,009,718 times
Walk the downtown and do everything/see everything there. My wife and I visit The Rusty Bucket every so often. A nice rustic shop. Ice cream, pizza, baked goods, pub, the downtown is not to be missed!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:31 AM

eloyfan, yes I love the downtown!! Soo cute! We've been to Anna's pizza, and the Ice cream shop that sells Hershey's icecream. I'll have to make a point to check out The Rusty Bucket. Thanks for that. We're going to the Halle Center Thursday for their Pizza & a movie family event (at $5 a ticket, why not?!?! that's usually enough for JUST the movie ticket!)

Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 AM

871 posts, read 3,009,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis511 View Post
eloyfan, yes I love the downtown!! Soo cute! We've been to Anna's pizza, and the Ice cream shop that sells Hershey's icecream. I'll have to make a point to check out The Rusty Bucket. Thanks for that. We're going to the Halle Center Thursday for their Pizza & a movie family event (at $5 a ticket, why not?!?! that's usually enough for JUST the movie ticket!)

Welcome to the area! You will have a great time, sure of that. Where did you move to Apex from?

My buddies and I (guys in our 40's/50's) recently tried Rudy's on 55 and love their wings & beer. Apex has so much to offer. Living in Cary, we still don't appreciate it like a trip to Apex.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
Welcome to the area! You will have a great time, sure of that. Where did you move to Apex from?

My buddies and I (guys in our 40's/50's) recently tried Rudy's on 55 and love their wings & beer. Apex has so much to offer. Living in Cary, we still don't appreciate it like a trip to Apex.
Thanks! We actually just moved from around the area. Long story short: we had a townhome in Durham (b/c that's where I work) and another house in Benson (b/c my husband works at NC State). Once we discovered Apex we realized its perfect for us location wise, and also just very cute with a good potential for a good return on our investment. We really like the neighborhood b/c there are a lot of young children (we have a 3 year old).

We'll have to try Rudy's. We love finding a good wing place; and beer is always nice

Old 10-13-2009, 02:28 PM

481 posts, read 1,082,787 times
Welcome to Apex! I've lived here for 3 years now and love it! Down town is great. Try Peak City Grill, really good food! If you are pizza fans, while Anna's is good it's not as easy to park when you want to just pick up and go. Namoli's is in the Lowe's shopping center is great! That's our Friday pizza place For your 3 year old, take him/her to the parks around here. Kids together off Olive Chapel is good, also check out Crowder District park off Ten Ten. Kids Together Park ( even though in Cary and I think the name was recently changed ) is one of my favorites. It's off Cary Parkway after you cross over Rt64.
Not sure if they are still open but you gotta go to Pelican's off 55 in Apex! Good homemade ice cream! They also have a ton of snow cone flavors.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM

Thanks Mishellina for all the good tips! We'll definitely try those places. We're going to Lowe's tonight, so maybe we'll stop in at Namoli's.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 PM

393 posts, read 670,604 times
We went to Anna's several weeks ago and were disappointed. The score was very very low and it did show on the inside. We also did not care for the pizza. It seemed to have a vinegar taste and was very watery. My wife just said she feels it was the worst she has ever had. I think it ranks in the bottom three.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:57 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,195,887 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...town-apex.html

I want to check out the Oyster Bar in downtwon Apex. I hear good things about it!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:28 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,581,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...town-apex.html

I want to check out the Oyster Bar in downtwon Apex. I hear good things about it!
In your pictures you have Ciao Osteria labelled as an Oyster Bar - it's gone out of business.

Ocean Grill has moved to that location from Cary, and they have an oyster bar (The Ocean Grill). So, you can still get your oysters in downtown Apex!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary