U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM

17 posts, read 312,812 times

Advertisements

I am wondering how much do you generally pay for tuition for Goddard school for 4 year old, 5 days a week. We were quoted 870/month and wanted to find out if this is generally considered reasonable. They do seem to be on the high side compared to most other schools and day care facilities.

Appreciate any information you can share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 11:58 AM

1,751 posts, read 2,008,113 times
We were quoted about the same, around $900+ for a 3-year old at the F-V location. The kicker for us was that they do not provide any meals so that was an additional expense for us. Plus the extra time preparing meals every morning. We ended up paying $780/month at a place that provides breakfast, lunch and snacks.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 PM

113 posts, read 377,444 times
I've visited SO many daycare centers/preschools in the area and am a big believer in "you get what you pay for" when it comes to most of them. I think $870 is very reasonable. I was paying almost $600/mo. for 5 half days for my 4 year old. We paid $1,000 a month roughly for full time care when he was a toddler.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:29 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,748,531 times
My son went to a Goddard School in Richmond. It was entirely worth the money for the quality of the teacher, the facilities, the materials, etc. If you can afford it, quality childcare is a good place to spend the money.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:01 PM

15,071 posts, read 8,470,003 times
I visited our local Goddard school and was not "wow'd" enough by the center to send my child there. They were a bit pricier than the school we chose and did not offer lunch.

I know each school is independently owned so I'm sure there are other centers that have that "wow" factor.

We chose The Learning Experience because of the attention to detail this school provides and their personal touch. We pay $600 a month for part-time care. They provide lunch and 2 snacks for the time slot that my child attends (MWF from 8:30 - 3:30).

I've been very pleased with this center so far (we've only been going since Sept 1st) and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for care.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:14 AM

931 posts, read 1,800,210 times
My Godchildren attended the Goddard School in Fuquay and their parents weren't pleased at all. In their case it wasn't "you get what you pay for." They felt the teachers were substandard for what they were paying. I pay $155 for 3 half days for my 3 year old to attend a church based program and he was getting more from that than my godchild got from Goddard. Good Luck!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:57 AM

394 posts, read 756,578 times
It is a fair price, but make sure you do your research. Every Goddard school is different, as they are independently owned. We LOVED the Goddard school that my kids went to...but we chose one that was almost 40 minutes from our home as it was much better than the 3 that were closer. That being said, I also don't recommend the new location in Clayton. We were considering them but have a friend that uses them and has been very dissatisfied. The owner is less than responsive to parent complaints and concerns.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:23 AM

505 posts, read 960,364 times
Thier price is in-line with the better institutions. We sent our son to several different institutions in the area of Cary, Holly Springs, Apex and Fuquay when he was a child but none were as professional and made an learning impact on our son as Goddard did. He actually went to the Cary, NC one but they are awesome. He is light years ahead in his 1st grade class now in math and reading abilities.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 PM

188 posts, read 677,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGISLAND2NC View Post
We were quoted about the same, around $900+ for a 3-year old at the F-V location. The kicker for us was that they do not provide any meals so that was an additional expense for us. Plus the extra time preparing meals every morning. We ended up paying $780/month at a place that provides breakfast, lunch and snacks.
That's EXACTLY our story. Our kids must know each other, as we have a 3-year-old a well.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 PM

997 posts, read 3,028,960 times
That is about right. We paid $900+ for our four-year old five days a week at Chesterbrook Academy and that was 2 years ago. That might even be reasonable if Chesterbrook has gone up in the last few years which I assume it probably has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary