Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:41 AM

129 posts, read 682,818 times

Advertisements

Any good restaurants in the ECU area to grab dinner? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 AM

188 posts, read 748,346 times
Depends on what you are looking for. For a great local and independent (non-franchise) sprots bar, go to Professor O'Cools. It is very near the stadium, although probably not quite walking distance. Great atmosphere and local flavor.

For a little more upscale dining, try Finelli's (Italian) or Chef 505 (fine dining/ seafood). Both are also locally owned and operated.

Also, if this is your first trip to Dowdy-Ficklen stadium you will be in for a very pleasant surprise! It will be a great atmosphere and you will be welcomed and treated with great respect.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:36 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
If you like barbecue, Bees Barbecue in Greenville is a treat.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcp View Post
Also, if this is your first trip to Dowdy-Ficklen stadium you will be in for a very pleasant surprise! It will be a great atmosphere and you will be welcomed and treated with great respect.
Well that's a surprise. The home crowd must be a lot different than the traveling crowd. My memories of ECU fans at carter-finley were getting caught up in brawls on the 'hill', broken fences in the end zone, goal post destroyed, on and on ...... maybe things have changed
go pack !

Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
If you like barbecue, Bees Barbecue in Greenville is a treat.

Need to be there before 11 AM for B's. They don't have set hours, just serve until the food is gone. It will go quickly on gameday.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Well that's a surprise. The home crowd must be a lot different than the traveling crowd. My memories of ECU fans at carter-finley were getting caught up in brawls on the 'hill', broken fences in the end zone, goal post destroyed, on and on ...... maybe things have changed
go pack !
That was 1987. Yes, things have changed. That also occurred at Carter-Finley, not Dowdy-Ficklen.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcp View Post
That also occurred at Carter-Finley, not Dowdy-Ficklen.
did you read my post .... I said traveling crowd and Carter-Finley ..... It also wasn't just one year. Those things occurred over several years, until the game between State-ECU was stopped for quite a number of years. Maybe all those thugs have died away by now.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:19 AM

214 posts, read 1,002,183 times
I second B's Barbecue, but like the other poster said you have to get there early. I grew up on Parker's Barbecue and still love it, so it's another barbecue option. Cubbies has great burgers and hot dogs and a laid back atmosphere, so we like to hit it up before games.

Venter's Grill is another really good spot.

Finelli's and Starlight Cafe are good but are on the pricier side. It just depends on what you're looking for...

Heading up there tonight myself...Goooooo Pirates!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:34 AM

62 posts, read 204,166 times
Default Szechuan Garden

If you are looking for Chinese, the best place in Greenville is Szechuan Garden. I used to eat there everyday when I lived there. It's on Greenville Blvd next to the Waffle House.

If you want burgers, I second Cubbies. Not really into BBQ too much but I hear B's and Parkers are good.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,713 times
University Chophouse
Tripp's
Finelli's
Chefs 505
Starlight Cafe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary