Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 PM

8 posts, read 68,988 times

Advertisements

I realize that recommending agents are not allowed, but can you please message me any advice on this topic please.

Im hoping someone can suggest a great and aggresive buyers agent. We are really open about where we might want to live so this realtor must be willing to expand their normal territory a little and possibly into N. Johnston County.

We are also considering a new construction if we cannot find what we want in a existing home. We need that agent to be experienced with new construction as well. Price up to 220K

We have until the middle of April to leave our existing rental so this needs to move along quickly.

If anyone can recommend one I would really appreciate that.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristind View Post
I realize that recommending agents are not allowed, but can you please message me any advice on this topic please.

Im hoping someone can suggest a great and aggresive buyers agent. We are really open about where we might want to live so this realtor must be willing to expand their normal territory a little and possibly into N. Johnston County.

We are also considering a new construction if we cannot find what we want in a existing home. We need that agent to be experienced with new construction as well. Price up to 220K

We have until the middle of April to leave our existing rental so this needs to move along quickly.

Thanks
I PMed you a contact.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,784 times
I have a couple of suggestions, will DM the names.

Also, it looks like the tax credit has been extended and expanded so if you can be in contract by the end of April you might get some extra cash.

You might want to consider finding a separare agent to work with in Johnston Co.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGISLAND2NC View Post
I have a couple of suggestions, will DM the names.

Also, it looks like the tax credit has been extended and expanded so if you can be in contract by the end of April you might get some extra cash.

You might want to consider finding a separare agent to work with in Johnston Co.
The tax credit extension is great news. One of my rentals just came off lease and I think I'm going to sell it.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
The tax credit expansion bill is moving through the legislative process. At this point it has NOT been extended.
Senate approves jobless, housing aid - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091105/bs_nm/us_usa_economy_congress_senate - broken link)

Just sayin'.
I mean, if I were a betting man, I would say it will soon enough be a fait accompli.
But...
There are plenty enough hack Realtors out there slobbering around about how it is a done deal.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The tax credit expansion bill is moving through the legislative process. At this point it has NOT been extended.
Senate approves jobless, housing aid - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091105/bs_nm/us_usa_economy_congress_senate - broken link)

Just sayin'.
I mean, if I were a betting man, I would say it will soon enough be a fait accompli.
But...
There are plenty enough hack Realtors out there slobbering around about how it is a done deal.
It's expected to easily pass the House and be signed by Obama so I would say you're right, it's not fully done yet, but its about as sure as the sun rising tomorrow morning, even though it hasn't happened yet, we know it will.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,784 times
Yes, I look forward to it becoming official, I need to read the fine print to see if I qualify!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGISLAND2NC View Post
Yes, I look forward to it becoming official, I need to read the fine print to see if I qualify!
Apparently they are greatly expanding it, so chances are high that unless you make big money, and I mean BIG MONEY for income, you should qualify for at least some of it, if not all of it.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristind View Post

Thanks
BRAND NEW should be an easy find in Johnston County in your price point. One of my favorite n'hoods is Summerset. Johnston County schools are great and even if you have no kids, it helps with re sale.

Don't panic. Typically, it only takes 30 days to get from contract to close if you have a good lender. However, if you want new, it could take 4 to 5 months to build.

Shopping for a home is FUN...try to enjoy it!

Vicki

Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM

8 posts, read 68,988 times
Thanks everyone for the help. I will start calling next week. I'm hoping that whatever we choose its a smooth process. We are def. leaning toward Johnston county even though my DH works in Louisburg, but it should be for only a couple more months then he can get transferred to hopefully somewhere closer. We are looking to get the most options and space for our money. We are looking to have 2000+ sq feet, 3+ bd, 2bth, workout facility, swimming and kiddie pool, playground and close schools. We would consider wake forrest, knightdale, and garner as well. We really are open about location but we must find the floor plan that we like and close proximity to schools (good one's) for my son which is almost 3. We have really become intrested in the meadows at tuscany,, does anyone recommend that one or any other subdivision that has our preferences.thanks everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary