Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 AM

16 posts, read 57,873 times

Advertisements

I moved to the Durham area 3 months ago and have been exploring areas. I practice acupuncture in Hillsborough and am staying temp. with a friend but need to get myself situated in my own place.
I want to live in Chapel Hill or in between Chapel Hill and Hillsborough. I had considered Hillsborough as well but think it's just too small to live in. (I am not buying yet so have time to decide on a final final location). I am choosing Chapel Hill because it's better for me for finding clients and for the amenities.
Being new to this area, I really could use some guidance about good areas to find an apt. I need clean and safe, but not fancy. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:27 AM

29 posts, read 64,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerayteex View Post
I moved to the Durham area 3 months ago and have been exploring areas. I practice acupuncture in Hillsborough and am staying temp. with a friend but need to get myself situated in my own place.
I want to live in Chapel Hill or in between Chapel Hill and Hillsborough. I had considered Hillsborough as well but think it's just too small to live in. (I am not buying yet so have time to decide on a final final location). I am choosing Chapel Hill because it's better for me for finding clients and for the amenities.
Being new to this area, I really could use some guidance about good areas to find an apt. I need clean and safe, but not fancy. Thanks for your help.
There is a huge choice depending on how much you want to spend, how much space you need and how close you want to be to shopping and entertainment as well as being well located for your business.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-06-2009 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: No advertising/soliciting allowed on this site.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:36 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,959,853 times
Look in the Timberlyne area (corner of MLK and Weaver dairy), several older apartment complexes in there that are pretty reasonable. I had a friend who lived in that area around 8 years ago, and back then it was mostly grad students and young professionals...I'm guessing that trend continues (ie...low numbers of undergrads). There is are also a brand new complex being built behind Harris Teeter that will probably wind up being more upscale.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:03 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,166,713 times
if you expand your search to include SW Durham, you may find better deals. in general, CH tends to be a bit more expensive because of the typical gouging you see in apartment rents in college towns. FWIW, the wife and i lived in Lenox apartments on the corner of University and SW Durham Dr (right on the CH border) for about 6 months and were perfectly happy. very convenient location close to all sorts of shopping and other amenities.

Mike

Old 11-11-2009, 09:58 AM

16 posts, read 57,873 times
Default Found it

Thank you for your replies. I found a cute but small apt. at Shadowood on MLK near Estes. I love it cuz it's close to shops but also a straight shot to Hillsborough. I chose it for amenities, like pool and fitness center and good for my cat who likes to go out a little bit.
Again, thanks and when I'm ready to house shop I'll post again!
Loving CH,
Michelle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary