U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 01:27 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,328,233 times

Advertisements

So I've been here a week and I feel the need to correct my earlier post in which I worried I wouldn't be able to get good food here. What was I thinking?!? I've got more variety here than in St. Petersburg. Yesterday I went to a Korean/Japanese buffet ("Con-fusion") in RTP that was next to a Vietnamese place - I've had great Indian (Bombay Grille, Dale's (Dales? Not sure of the name, it's on 9th street)) and mediocre Nepalese but still, it's available.

Anyway nobody should worry about this, you just have to drive around and try the small places.

I'm really loving Durham. Now to find a house.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,514,868 times
Dale's is the one on Durham's 9th St. Consistent, good Indian food. Personally, I prefer Saffron in Morrisville, or Sitar Palace off 15-501 in the (old, soon to be redeveloped) Kroger Plaza near South Square.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:56 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,113,236 times
Scorp200,

It's good to hear that there is plenty of choice when it comes to ethnic food in the Triangle. I bet you are having fun exploring the area. I am so looking forward to being able to do the same. I am tired of this house and this town where I am now and just want to move.

I need everyone to cross their fingers and hope that my house sells as soon as it hits the market!

Old 05-12-2007, 04:03 PM

3,021 posts, read 10,346,891 times
J, I will definitely cross my fingers for you.

BCR, what's this about Sitar? Will it be closed while that shopping center is being redeveloped?

Since I've moved here, I've been content with the ethnic food offerings. I know it can't touch what is offered in the big cities like NYC, but I think we're doing well & only getting better. There have been nights when we've sat around & wondered whether we should go out for French, Indian, Turkish, Ethiopian, or numerous other ethnic offerings. It's a marvelous thing!

The only thing that makes me sad is that I hear that the Ethiopian place in Chapel Hill, Queen of Sheba, will be closing. The owners of the property where the restaurant currently sits want to do something else with that spot. Originally I thought the restaurant was supposed to be moved closer to Durham, (perhaps along the 15-501), but I hear that things fell apart & now the owner will have to close down forever! This is horrible news. I hope some marvelous retail-real-estate-angel flies down and rescues this little gem of a restaurant.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 AM

823 posts, read 3,695,436 times
Here's an article about Queen of Sheba (and the Blue Nile), http://www.chapelhillnews.com/front/story/7412.html (broken link).

Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 AM

3,021 posts, read 10,346,891 times
Thank you so much for posting that, Alice. I'll have to go to the fundraiser on Saturday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary