Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 07:39 AM

346 posts, read 611,559 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone...I posted a question about this place in another thread so it might have been buried there. Anyone familiar with this place? We are planning to move there based on what we have seen of it online. We will take a short term lease until we find a house. This place looks like it has everything we want in an apt,including garage storage space...plus all the other amenities too. 1330 sq ft for $950/month sounds very reasonable...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,848,375 times
I know exactly where it is, I live in that area of Raleigh. It is officially East Raleigh. Across the street (New Bern) is NE Raleigh, Knightdale is down the street. It is fairly new, very clean and well kept complex. I understand the management/staff are very nice people. in terms of safety, this area is like any other. No major issues, just be cautious as you would anywhere. It has an entrance on Rogers Lane, Raleigh, behind Sheets/Food Lion, and one on New Bern Ave/64E. It is approx 1 mile from Knightdale and equal distance from the beltline I-440 and I-540 (1.5 to 2 miles?)

The location is very good. You can be at North Hills in 15 mins, downtown 15-20mins, Cary, Wake Forest, and the airport in 20-25 mins tops. Now the area doesn't have the prestige of North Raleigh, however, I've lived in N. Ral and Cameron Village(loved CV) and to me, this area feels more laid back, less citified and is convenient to so much within a short drive. From Auston Grove you can walk to the Food Lion, a pizza and chinese takeout, Sheets gas station and other stores. Drive 1.5 miles and there is a shopping ctr with a Lowes Foods, home Depot, Office Max, Target, Walmart, and loads of other stores/restaurants you will need. We also have some independent restaurants that are good for Mexican, and southern style food. Oh, there is a very nice city park at the end of Rogers lane that has walking/ biking trails, playground, and clubhouse and a landing area to canoe the Neuse River which abutts it. There loads more in this area but I'll stop at this.

Dm me if I can help further..good luck!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:51 AM

RaleighLass Thankyou for reaffirming what I had been thinking of this apt complex and the surrounding neighborhood...I was hoping someone could clue me in to it. I did a google street maps survey of the area and saw the surrounding neighborhoods. The proximity to all the convieniences was also noted. We plan to rent here and use this as a base of operations,so to say. But I think we are going to start out pretty well. We are looking at a moving date of Dec.1st. So again Thanks for your insights...greatly appreciate it!

Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 AM

26 posts, read 56,314 times
Check out the Greystone Apartments. It's in Knightdale, but about 2 miles from Auston Grove. The location is excellent - right behind grocery store, restaurants and across from Target. It's easy to hop on 540 and it backs up to a great neighborhood. The amenities are really nice and the staff is nice too. They have a DVD lending library, activities throughout the month, gym and pool and great maintenance. There is a child care center just next door and hospital down the road. It's definitely worth comparing because the location is so close to Auston Grove.
Greystone at Widewaters. The largest is 3 bed rooms and the largest 2 bd is about $900 a month. They have specials running, so you might get a good deal.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,848,375 times
TwoWheelman - you're welcome! I hope you guys will like living in Raleigh, it really is a neat place! I grew up in a major congested city and have also lived in rural Britain, so when I moved here (million yrs ago) I had no frame of reference for how it would be. For a capitol city, it has many rural pockets that are delightful and give you that country feel with the city conveniences. You'll find that in this part of Raleigh. BTW-if you noticed the open fields across from the apts, it is a farm that once produced turfgrass and was owned by the Rogers family-hence Rogers Lane. Now it is a co-op type farm that has some really cool stuff.

Best of luck with moving day!

Old 11-10-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdypearls View Post
Check out the Greystone Apartments. It's in Knightdale, but about 2 miles from Auston Grove. The location is excellent - right behind grocery store, restaurants and across from Target. It's easy to hop on 540 and it backs up to a great neighborhood. The amenities are really nice and the staff is nice too. They have a DVD lending library, activities throughout the month, gym and pool and great maintenance. There is a child care center just next door and hospital down the road. It's definitely worth comparing because the location is so close to Auston Grove.
Greystone at Widewaters. The largest is 3 bed rooms and the largest 2 bd is about $900 a month. They have specials running, so you might get a good deal.
I did check out Greystone...Thanks they are beautiful apts. for sure...However, I really need a garage space and Auston grove has that also for the square footage For what you pay for a 3 bedroom apt at AG you get 2 bedrms at GS...but overall they are both very very good places...I am looking forward to moving..I will post an address once we are settled in and invite whomever wants to come by for a meet your new neighbors party!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary