Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 PM

206 posts, read 746,777 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving to the Park at West Lake in the spring and I need some recommendations for a preschool in the area. Prefer not to have a preschool based in a day care. Currently enrolled in a Methodist program which we love but will be too far of a commute. Another moderate Methodist program would be fine as we have had good luck with these in the past. Do not want a program where religion is stressed or is the main part of the curriculum. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 07:31 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,297 times
St. Francis UMC on Kildaire (near the intersection with Penny) or Appleseeds Preschool at the Lutheran church on Sunset Lake in Fuquay would both be within about 10 minutes. I don't know of anything closer. . . oh, Sunrise UMC on Sunset Lake Rd in Holly Springs would probably be closest. I only know people personally who have used Appleseeds and they love it.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,501 times
Hi Tracy,

We sent our 6 year old daughter to Triangle Academy Preschool off of Kildaire Farm near Penny Rd. It's sorta behind the Foodlion there. We were very happy with the school. She went for 2 years. We love Ms. Tracey. She was wonderful. She's a teacher in the 3 year old classroom. It's a short drive and I bet it's a ton better now that Kildaire Farm is 4 lanes now.

It's not a daycare although they do offer before and after care. The school day is from 9am - 1pm. They provide a snack. You pack a lunch. The school is not affiliated with any church. The school is a good size and the classrooms are large.

We found the tuition to be higher than church based preschools, but much less than daycare based programs. I would have loved to send her to Primrose right in the neighborhood, but it was just too much money. Primrose is rated very highly tho.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:47 AM

220 posts, read 866,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
............ I would have loved to send her to Primrose right in the neighborhood, but it was just too much money. Primrose is rated very highly tho.
We send our daughter to Primrose (the one in Durham at Hope Valley Farms), and we LOVEEEEEEEEE it!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT say enough good things about this place!!!!!!
After trying every situation under the sun:
-nanny share
-stayed at home for a year--went crazy!! lol
-in home daycare
-church based program
-montessori
-regular daycares
-private babysitter/nanny
Primrose was my last attempt at childcare!! It has turned out wonderfully. It is private (which means no public funding is accepted--ie no children with subsidies) and that really means you get a different set of parents that are involved, dedicated and concerned. There are monthly parent/teacher conferences, group events parents can come to or volunteer for at their leisure, and the one I'm at the moms do a Mom's-Night-Out dinner every month. It is pricy, but if you're looking at part time care its about the same as everywhere else really. Check them out before you rule it out based on price. Who knows--in this economy they may be willing to work w/ you??? Good luck w/ your search!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 PM

206 posts, read 746,777 times
We are definitely looking to stay at around $200 a month, so I think that rules Primrose out. Glad you had such a good experience. Any other suggestions? We will look into some of the church based centers as suggested. As far as Triangle Academy-is it pretty hard to get a spot in there? I seem to be hearing that may be one of the preschools that fills up more quickly.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:44 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,297 times
Just be aware that even the church-based ones I mentioned fill up pretty immediately and end up with waiting lists on the first or second day of registration (which is usually in February, I think). There's just more demand than supply in this part of the county right now. It's good that you're looking into things now, so you can be prepared for registration.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:05 PM

767 posts, read 1,847,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FVmommy View Post
St. Francis UMC on Kildaire (near the intersection with Penny) or Appleseeds Preschool at the Lutheran church on Sunset Lake in Fuquay would both be within about 10 minutes. I don't know of anything closer. . . oh, Sunrise UMC on Sunset Lake Rd in Holly Springs would probably be closest. I only know people personally who have used Appleseeds and they love it.
I second Appleseeds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary