Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 05:46 AM

66 posts, read 134,026 times

Advertisements

J&S Pizza in Fuquay Varina and Mamma Mia's in Apex are our two fave NY pizzerias. IMHO, it is authentic NY-style pizza b/c both owners used to own or still own pizza joints in NYC, and they both learned the pizza trade there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 09:38 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessforstrength View Post
J&S Pizza in Fuquay Varina and Mamma Mia's in Apex are our two fave NY pizzerias. IMHO, it is authentic NY-style pizza b/c both owners used to own or still own pizza joints in NYC, and they both learned the pizza trade there.
This is off topic but I have to comment on Guinessforstrength's name I laughed when I saw this and remembered that as a kid growing up in big city in the UK, with row houses and corner shops, I used to see old ladies coming back from the shop/pub with a guiness in hand. They'd always say the doctor ordered a guiness a day for their health b/c of the iron in it, and that it kept up their strength..too funny!

Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
This is off topic but I have to comment on Guinessforstrength's name I laughed when I saw this and remembered that as a kid growing up in big city in the UK, with row houses and corner shops, I used to see old ladies coming back from the shop/pub with a guiness in hand. They'd always say the doctor ordered a guiness a day for their health b/c of the iron in it, and that it kept up their strength..too funny!
Continuing off topic ........I've actually seen studies where they say dark beers have similar antioxidant properties as red wines. They used to have similar advertising for milk stouts, saying that they were good for nursing mothers to drink.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:19 PM

15 posts, read 41,718 times
I Love NY Pizza....it's on Hillsborough...YUM! lol

Old 11-23-2009, 06:18 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
My parents came down from New Jersey for a visit to Raleigh this weekend and my wife and I took them to Piper's Tavern in North Raleigh for some pizza. We all really enjoyed it. They serve a thin crust round pizza cut into squares. It was delicious. The crust was very crispy and my mom thought it was made of something a little different from typical pizza crust but we all agreed it was fabulous. The pizzas are not huge so we got two large pies for 4 people and had a little left over to take home. Anybody interested in sampling the pizza offerings in North Raleigh should give this place a try IMO.

Piper's Tavern ~ Raleigh, NC

Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Continuing off topic ........I've actually seen studies where they say dark beers have similar antioxidant properties as red wines. They used to have similar advertising for milk stouts, saying that they were good for nursing mothers to drink.
Yes... my midwife suggested Guinness Stout when I was nursing my kids & the doctor seconded it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary