U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-14-2009, 05:46 PM

393 posts, read 198,812 times

Advertisements

I didn't even know this was in the works for today. I would have loved to have gone.

Did anyone on this forum go? How was it?

Conservative activists rallying in Raleigh :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6419151/ - broken link)

"RALEIGH, N.C. Conservative activists are heading to Raleigh to rally against federal health care and pollution control legislation."

"A separate rally is planned Saturday in downtown Raleigh for people opposed to immigration reform that would provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants."

Old 11-14-2009, 05:59 PM

6,383 posts, read 10,496,338 times
I think it's great, I can't stand the welfare environment that we are in. And NC's taxes are starting to take their toll on me. I just bought my last shotgun online, saved over $40 in tax and shipping was free. We're buying our LCD TV online as well thru Amazon, cheaper than in the store including shipping and NO TAX.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:02 PM

8,527 posts, read 12,710,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
NC's taxes are starting to take their toll on me. I just bought my last shotgun online, saved over $40 in tax and shipping was free. We're buying our LCD TV online as well thru Amazon, cheaper than in the store including shipping and NO TAX.
There's a tax, but the retailer doesn't collect it. You have to pay it on your own.

Frequently Asked Questions - Use Tax

Old 11-14-2009, 08:40 PM

8,197 posts, read 10,849,186 times
Quote:
...and pollution control legislation...
I'm staying away from health care and immigration topics, but why would anyone rally against pollution control? "We need more pollution, NOW!" ????

Old 11-15-2009, 07:32 AM

7,716 posts, read 10,540,987 times
Quote:
I think it's great, I can't stand the welfare environment that we are in. And NC's taxes are starting to take their toll on me. I just bought my last shotgun online, saved over $40 in tax and shipping was free. We're buying our LCD TV online as well thru Amazon, cheaper than in the store including shipping and NO TAX.

Shhhhhhhhhh...that is called TAX EVASION and should not be mentioned on a public forum...

Old 11-15-2009, 07:56 AM

542 posts, read 944,312 times
Quote:
There is no way to legally get around paying state sales tax. Also, NC's taxes must not be taking too much of a toll on you if you are still able to buy a LCD TV. Good luck with your tax evasion!

Mike

Old 11-15-2009, 08:03 AM

2,441 posts, read 5,440,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I'm staying away from health care and immigration topics, but why would anyone rally against pollution control? "We need more pollution, NOW!" ????
It's not about being pro-pollution. It's about cap and tax which will be an enormous burden on the average middle class family. Oh well, as long as Al Gore gets richer I guess I'm happy.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:27 AM

542 posts, read 944,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
It's not about being pro-pollution. It's about cap and tax which will be an enormous burden on the average middle class family. Oh well, as long as Al Gore gets richer I guess I'm happy.
Did I accidentally stumble into the "Politics" forum? I could have swarn that I was in the "RDCC" forum. I must be lost.

Mike

Old 11-15-2009, 08:30 AM

2,441 posts, read 5,440,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
Did I accidentally stumble into the "Politics" forum? I could have swarn that I was in the "RDCC" forum. I must be lost.

Mike
Funny you'd quote me but not Francois with that quote. I guess you're okay with being off topic if you agree with the poster.

BTW, is state sales tax evasion really a local topic?

Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 AM

11,151 posts, read 9,643,248 times
It didn't take long for this thread to wander from the original question, which was whether anyone attended this particular rally. You're welcome to discuss state issues (e.g., NC State tax) in the general North Carolina forum and national issues in the Politics forum, but I think we've had already had enough of this thread.

Thanks, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary