Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times

Advertisements

I say too early. A house in our neighborhood is already decorated and I noticed downtown Apex has their outdoor decorations up too. Well, they were putting them up today as I drove through. TOO EARLY!!! Kohl's had it playing in their store in Cary about 2 weeks ago when I was in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,353 times
WAY TO EARLY!!! Can't they just let us enjoy the holidays as they come. After Thanksgiving is the time to get into the Christmas spirit. I just emailed Mix 101.5 and told them I would put them back on the preset dial in 2010. Cruel and unusual punishment to have to listen to Xmas music for 2 months. Also, interesting they anointed themselves the "official" Christmas music station. Wonder how much they paid Santa for that glowing endorsement?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:19 PM

363 posts, read 1,212,069 times
Seems the overwhelming concensus is too early - so why do they keep it up? I can understand stores putting Christmas wares out early in the hope of getting sales going but decorating, music etc etc - just no upside and WAY TOO EARLY!!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Seems the overwhelming concensus is too early - so why do they keep it up?
Just like most consumer complaints, it is the disgruntled who speak the loudest. Clearly someone is listening to the holiday music . . .

Old 11-18-2009, 03:58 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
The radio stations wouldn't be playing it early if it didn't up their ratings. So yes, someone IS listening to the holiday music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Just like most consumer complaints, it is the disgruntled who speak the loudest. Clearly someone is listening to the holiday music . . .

Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,864,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
Are you serious?!?!?!? Where?!?!?!?

I don't like Christmas before Thanksgiving either, but since it's been like that forever now I guess I just get use to it.
I saw some in Walgreens last week. ;-(

Old 11-18-2009, 06:43 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Default Sing it with me.....

"Silver Bells, Silverrrr BELLLLLS, IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME in the CITY (data that is)

Ring a ling, here them ring, soon it will beeeee Christmas daaaaayyyyy."

And all the Scrooges will have to find something else to whine about.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 AM

502 posts, read 1,391,525 times
Too Early!!!!

My favorite holiday has always been Thanksgiving... it would be nice to be able to enjoy it without Christmas in my face already.

Our family has gotten fed up with the commercialization of Christmas, and has done away with the gift giving for the adults, to reduce stress and focus on the meaning of the holiday. Even though I'm not Christian, I celebrate the holiday as a good will and family time. We give to the charities, and not ourselves... AND Thanksgiving is a whole lot more enjoyable knowing we can just relax after the big meal and not have to worry about going out into the chaos of the stores The meaningful kid's gifts are purchased back in July.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:26 PM

12 posts, read 32,169 times
I'm gonna go off on a tangent here----106.1 is never going to play country music again? They're going to talk radio? Bummer. I liked them way better than 94.7.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM

51 posts, read 153,607 times
What are you guys complaining about? A few years ago when 93.9 was Sunny93.9 they started at Halloween...I am not kidding! In any case..I love Christmas music and am enjoying it. If I get too much all I do is change the station! My wish is that it continue till New years Eve instead of Christmas Day...people have get-togethers after Christmas too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary