Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 07:49 PM

242 posts, read 795,767 times

Advertisements

Vincent's Pizza.. Creedmoor and Lynn Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:14 AM

57 posts, read 145,136 times
NY PIZZA in Holly Springs...

Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGISLAND2NC View Post
I am always skeptical of places that feel the need to hit you over the head with their NY credentials - such as Yankee pictures on the wall or overtly NY names. Fuhgeddaboutit? Really?

However, I am now hungry and that place is close by so I think I will go try it!
OK I take it all back this place is AWESOME! Tons of choices by the slice, great pizza, fast service, very clean.

I tried NY Pizza once and they couldn't even give me a slice of Sicilian. The pizza is ok, but I wouldn't consider it NY style.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:39 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Fuhgeddaboutit on Six Forks Rd. in Raleigh is very good. Randy's Pizza on S. Miami Blvd in Durham is very good. Tony's on Glenwood Ave. near Carmax is my favorite

Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM

149 posts, read 615,433 times
Poggly and I are cut from the same cloth. I am a loyal customer of Randy's when I am at work, and Tony's when I'm at home. Our new house is actually going to be within walking distance of Tony's (not that it played a role in our decision, LOL). Haven't tried Fugheddaboutit.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:11 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelMan View Post
Poggly and I are cut from the same cloth. I am a loyal customer of Randy's when I am at work, and Tony's when I'm at home. Our new house is actually going to be within walking distance of Tony's (not that it played a role in our decision, LOL). Haven't tried Fugheddaboutit.
I get pizza by the slice at Fugheddaboutit at lunch sometimes. They sell only one size pie too...BIG It's a little on the thin side, but it's tasty pizza.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:06 PM

79 posts, read 355,914 times
I can say that if the name of the pizza joint has NY in it's title, pretty good chance that the pizza tastes nothing like any pizza in NY.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:17 AM

277 posts, read 797,526 times
I can't recommend La Piazza in the Lowe's Shopping Center on Hwy 50/42.
We ordered 2 pizzas from them Saturday night and ended up getting **really** sick.
Very upset!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NC gal (aka Oregon gal); 10-13-2010 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: Mispelled word.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:15 AM

187 posts, read 345,201 times
I hear really good things about Fuhgeddaboutit. My personal fav tho is a local joint, Mellow Mushroom. May not be true NY style, but it is oh so yummy.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:50 AM

47 posts, read 102,817 times
Mellow Mushroom? They have a great gimic and fresh toppings but they are pricey!!! A medium pizza, vegi type and a small no cheese pizza, drinks for 3 of us cost almost $40 not including the tip and the service was not good, this was in the Wake Forest area locale however. I know Mellow Mushroom has more locations but it's a place to go to one if you have the funds, two if you want to wait and three have an appetite for a pizza that's crust drops the toppings into your hand if you don't get a good cup shape of the slice before putting it in your mouth, advice would be to use a fork, but that's just me, LOL! Oh and I don't think Mellow Mushroom is NY Style, no, at least they don't advertise it as such.

The best NY Style pizza I've tried is a place in Apex, I can't remember their name, I think it was Joe's or "The Original Pie", by the slice or by the pie, small, tidy place, old world ovens. Best pizza for me comes off the stone baked ovens or wood fired ovens, not conveyor belts but I'll take a Papa John's pizza over the national competitors who also use the conveyor belt ovens any day!

Last edited by TopDogRaleigh; 10-13-2010 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary