Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 09:00 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,740,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassy View Post
I would guess SevinDust... my in-laws put it on everything including the goats and the dogs.. and yes it was safe for the animals.
That sounds very familar. In fact that was going to be my guess. Good to know it's safe for animals. I just read online that you can get it in dust or liquid form. But it says the liquid form should not be put on animals. Also, the dust form should be kept away from animals faces.

I found an interesting Q&A regarding getting rid of ticks and flea on an Organic Gardening website:
http://www.gardensalive.com/article....cd2=1179629536
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 06:46 PM

13 posts, read 42,014 times
Default I have read you can put bait traps out to eliminate ticks. . .

has anyone tried this on their property? If so how do you do it?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:05 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,123,350 times
Wow, that's a lot of ticks.

If you get sick in the next 2 weeks, be sure to tell your doctor about the ticks. There are other tick borne diseases to consider along with Lyme.

Perhaps the country isn't where you want to live.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 AM

932 posts, read 1,269,283 times
welcome to North Carolina! lol

13 is a lot though. When you pick them off, save them in a jar for a couple of weeks until you know you're not sick.

bigger threat, imo, is black widows. Black spiders with a red dot on them, for those who dont know. poisonous and nasty buggers- hide in dark places, usually outdoors - patio furniture, kids toys, wood piles, etc....we've had a LOT this year- and they worry me a whole lot more than ticks!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 AM

850 posts, read 3,621,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
welcome to North Carolina! lol

13 is a lot though. When you pick them off, save them in a jar for a couple of weeks until you know you're not sick.

bigger threat, imo, is black widows. Black spiders with a red dot on them, for those who dont know. poisonous and nasty buggers- hide in dark places, usually outdoors - patio furniture, kids toys, wood piles, etc....we've had a LOT this year- and they worry me a whole lot more than ticks!
Oh my gosh but the black widow population is quadruple what it was last year! We have some wood in the backyard (that dh is saving for a project) and if you move any piece of wood, you can find at least 3 widows at any given time. Every neighbor has had some this year!

I almost picked one off one of my petunias by mistake. I was pruning it and saw a black insect under the leaf and thought it was a cricket.....then I saw RED and backed off. Good thing as it was a HUGE black widow.

We picked more ticks off of us this past summer compared to the summer before but there's been alot of construction as well.

Lauren

Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 AM

932 posts, read 1,269,283 times
I kill 'em on first sight! Figure its one less breeding! lol

hubbys favorite way to kill them is with hairspray and a lighter...but really i think he just likes making a mini flame thrower! lol

no, he never really grew up. lol

Old 01-08-2008, 10:40 PM

13 posts, read 42,014 times
13 is not a lot if you happened upon a tick NEST! I pulled 30 ticks off of my dog in California one spring. Thank god they were the big kind. They were so ugly because when engorged with blood they quadruple in size and turn flesh colored - so gross!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary