Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My husband and I will be coming down in a couple of weeks for a few days to look at some areas to relocate to from New Jersey. At the moment I'm focusing on Clayton, and my interest, at this time, is in Johnston County. My questions are, airport close to this area, reasonable lodging, and a car rental. Also, are there any other towns in Johnston County, geared towards family and kids with lots of activities that anyone would recommend? We would like to have a few areas ahead of time to check out. Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hello everyone,

My husband and I will be coming down in a couple of weeks for a few days to look at some areas to relocate to from New Jersey. At the moment I'm focusing on Clayton, and my interest, at this time, is in Johnston County. My questions are, airport close to this area, reasonable lodging, and a car rental. Also, are there any other towns in Johnston County, geared towards family and kids with lots of activities that anyone would recommend? We would like to have a few areas ahead of time to check out. Jeannie
Hi Jeannie;
The airport is the RDU/Raleigh Durham airport. It is on the other side of the triangle from where you want to be. They have rental right there at the airport, just make reservations though.

Liz

Old 05-16-2007, 08:03 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
Default Hi Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
Hi Jeannie;
The airport is the RDU/Raleigh Durham airport. It is on the other side of the triangle from where you want to be. They have rental right there at the airport, just make reservations though.

Liz
Hi Liz,

Thank you for that. Would you know if there are any Marriots nearby? If not, would you recommend anywhere to stay? Jeannie

Old 05-17-2007, 06:22 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,517 times
There's a Marriott down Hwy 70 (about 5-6 miles away from the airport) in Ralieigh. Its across the street from Crabtree Valley Mall (huge mall). Clayton is about a 20 minute drive from there. There is a Comfort Inn and a Sleep Inn in Clayton.

Anywhere in particular you are looking at in Clayton? I live in the Anderson homes at Cobblestone. Absolutely LOVE it here!
http://www.andersonhomesnc.com/commu...lestone+Pointe

If you have some down time and you want to shop, check out the Carolina Outlet Center just outside of Clayton in Smithfield:
www.premiumoutlets.com

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
(Faster if you just PM)

Heather

Old 05-17-2007, 09:38 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,332,006 times
Default Try 40/42 area

Many of my clients who come to check out Clayton, stay in the 40/42 area of Clayton. Hwy 40 runs straight from the airport. And 40/42 is maybe 25-30minutes from the airport. Plenty of places to eat there also

Old 05-18-2007, 02:57 PM

312 posts, read 1,905,066 times
We stayed at Motel 6 in Smithfield, NC, which is 10 miles south from Clayton while we were waiting for our house to finish building for a month. We love it - the place is very clean, brand-new, rated #1 locally, pet friendly, free cont. breakfast/newspaper, indoor pool, walking distance to shopping and resturant. We used our AAA membership card and got a good rate.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:20 PM

136 posts, read 751,772 times
Very accessible from the airport. One of the BEST airports in the nation at RDU. After living in Clayton for a short time I'd say it took us no more than 35 minutes on average to get to the airport which is very convenient Rental services are right there.. not a bad ride at all. Very direct on Highway 40.

Stay in Clayton is my advice. I think that will also help to give you a feel for the town and let you know if you like things and what things you don't like. 40/42 is a good area to probably look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary