Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving from New Jersey to Raleigh North Carolina, seeking housing information; prefer building on lot with acreage, housing budget 400K or under

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:22 AM

223 posts, read 1,065,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney888 View Post
MariGirl,

Thanks for responding. We stopped in Sanford actually for breakfast at a great little retro style place, food was good and the people were amazingly friendly. We only saw a few blocks on the way to and from the highway. Is there a particular neighborhood that has larger lots?
I am wondering if you ate at the Fairview Dairy Bar? It's a 50's style place and a local favorite. As far as neighborhoods, there are several that come to mind that you might like that offer larger lots. Lake Vilanow has beautiful well-built homes on large wooded lots. It's just off of US 1 south past Tramway in Sanford. (Do you remember seeing Dale's Greenhouse a large nursery on US 1South? It's just west of there). Not too far from there off Henley Road is Camelot Estates - huge lots, beautiful small development. On the northwest end of town just off US 1,Spring Lane exit, is Westlake Valley, quality homes on larger lots. Not far from there is a new gated community called Reynwood that has 10 acre lots. Haven't been back there yet, but am told it's gorgeous.

If you want a lot of land then the south end of Lee County has lots available and there are some beautiful homes built out in the country. If you noticed the sign for Tobacco Road Golf Course off US 1 South, it's that general vicinity of Lemon Springs where there is alot of open acreage. Also northeast of town in the Deep River area. And east of town past SanLee Park. Winding Creek Farms on Hwy 42 West in Sanford also is a nice develpment with larger lots in the newer sections, and Creekwood (also west Sanford off Steel Bridge Road) has nice homes on large lots in a very rustic, heavily wooded area. As you drive toward these neighborhoods you'll also notice sporadic lots and homes with acreage. These are a few that come to mind. It's still early though, so my brain may come up with others after some more coffee! I'd suggest contacting the Sanford Chamber of Commerce for a Sanford/Lee County map to get a better idea of the layout. Let me know if you need more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 AM

77 posts, read 271,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariGirl View Post
I am wondering if you ate at the Fairview Dairy Bar? It's a 50's style place and a local favorite. .
Yes, that was it! It was a great place, the waitresses were so friendly! Nothing like you find in NJ, even in my small town.

Quote:
As far as neighborhoods, there are several that come to mind that you might like that offer larger lots. Lake Vilanow has beautiful well-built homes on large wooded lots. It's just off of US 1 south past Tramway in Sanford. (Do you remember seeing Dale's Greenhouse a large nursery on US 1South? It's just west of there). Not too far from there off Henley Road is Camelot Estates - huge lots, beautiful small development. On the northwest end of town just off US 1,Spring Lane exit, is Westlake Valley, quality homes on larger lots. Not far from there is a new gated community called Reynwood that has 10 acre lots. Haven't been back there yet, but am told it's gorgeous. .
10 acres lots would be ideal, but probably out of my price range.... I'll have to check into it.

Quote:
If you want a lot of land then the south end of Lee County has lots available and there are some beautiful homes built out in the country. If you noticed the sign for Tobacco Road Golf Course off US 1 South, it's that general vicinity of Lemon Springs where there is alot of open acreage. Also northeast of town in the Deep River area. And east of town past SanLee Park. Winding Creek Farms on Hwy 42 West in Sanford also is a nice develpment with larger lots in the newer sections, and Creekwood (also west Sanford off Steel Bridge Road) has nice homes on large lots in a very rustic, heavily wooded area. As you drive toward these neighborhoods you'll also notice sporadic lots and homes with acreage. These are a few that come to mind. It's still early though, so my brain may come up with others after some more coffee! I'd suggest contacting the Sanford Chamber of Commerce for a Sanford/Lee County map to get a better idea of the layout. Let me know if you need more details.
Thanks so much for all of the neighborhood info you have provided. It's nice to know that there is some housing that is not sitting on a postage stamp. I will contact the Sanford Chamber of Commerce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary