Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 PM

15 posts, read 56,537 times

Advertisements

Yes, I searched the forum and again there are no real recent threads. Please give me some options. My parents and brother are coming in for Christmas. We went to Ruth's Chris last year on Chrstmas Eve and I have been slacking in finding some place new for this year. Price is not a factor. Would love to find something like China Grill or Tao in Manhattan. I would also love a family style Italian rest. but I have not been able to find anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,199,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeroma View Post
Yes, I searched the forum and again there are no real recent threads. Please give me some options. My parents and brother are coming in for Christmas. We went to Ruth's Chris last year on Chrstmas Eve and I have been slacking in finding some place new for this year. Price is not a factor. Would love to find something like China Grill or Tao in Manhattan. I would also love a family style Italian rest. but I have not been able to find anything like that.
Based on other similar threads I suggest you check out:

Fearrington House ~ Pittsboro

Four Square ~ Durham

Heron's (http://www.heronsrestaurant.com/about_herons/ - broken link) ~ Cary

Second Empire ~ Downtown Raleigh

IL Palio (http://www.sienahotel.com/ilpalio.cfm - broken link) ~ Chapel Hill

Carolina Crossroads ~ Chapel Hill

Old 12-06-2009, 10:07 PM

Thanks. I guess I am looking for something a little more Manhattan, something trendy or chic if you will. Either that or a really good Italian place.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeroma View Post
Thanks. I guess I am looking for something a little more Manhattan, something trendy or chic if you will. Either that or a really good Italian place.
I haven't been there, but Maybe The Mint in downtown Raleigh?

Old 12-06-2009, 10:12 PM

I was just looking at that online. I think I may try to go there for a test run.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:16 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,121,900 times
What about Jibarra or Fin's?

Also, I've never eaten there so can't comment on the food, but I believe you can find family style Italian at Maggiano's in Streets at Southpoint in Durham.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:19 PM

451 posts, read 1,154,490 times
Some not-so-good reviews at citysearch of The Mint

Mint - Raleigh, NC, 27601 - Citysearch

Old 12-06-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
What about Jibarra or Fin's?

Also, I've never eaten there so can't comment on the food, but I believe you can find family style Italian at Maggiano's in Streets at Southpoint in Durham.

Forgot about Maggiano's. That may be an option. I'll check out the other two now. Thanks.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:24 PM

355 posts, read 955,551 times
Fins in downtown Raleigh has a chic look and is considered to be one of the better restaurants in the area. I wouldn't recommend the Mint. While the look may be closer to what you're seeking, the fare falls short. Revolution in Durham might also work for chic.

If you're willing to sacrifice in the chichi department, North Raleigh guy lists some very good places.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever User Name View Post
Fins in downtown Raleigh has a chic look and is considered to be one of the better restaurants in the area. I wouldn't recommend the Mint. While the look may be closer to what you're seeking, the fare falls short. Revolution in Durham might also work for chic.

If you're willing to sacrifice in the chichi department, North Raleigh guy lists some very good places.
Thanks for the tip. I've never been there, but it looked "trendy" from the website. I drove by Revolution on Main Street in Durham a few weeks ago. Definitly looked chic. It was also nice and busy on a Wednesday evening at 9pm so I guess they have a nice following!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary