Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 PM

9 posts, read 34,730 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm interested in joining an adult soccer team in the Northern Wake/RTP area. I've lived in Raleigh for a few years and have been a bit chicken about signing up to play, as it's been several years since I've been on the field and I've heard the soccer in North Carolina is quite competitive.

I'm 30 years old, played in high school and for a year at a D3 college, as well as year round for rep teams as a teenager. I like to think that I wasn't an embarrassment to myself back in the day, but as it's been several years, I fully expect that I will be more than rusty as I try to get back into soccer.

I'm hoping to find a group that plays about once a week, is willing to bear with me at the beginning, and is the right level for me, as I certainly don't want to get in over my head at first. I'd be fine with co-ed or simply a men's team.

Basically, I'm just trying to get back out there and enjoy the game before I get too old. If anyone has information or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 02:22 PM

57 posts, read 191,613 times
Submit your info to Triangle Adult Soccer League (Triangle Adult Soccer League) and a team in need of players should reach out to you. If you are really rusty, you may want to consider an Open C team, and once you are comfortable and fit, you can consider moving up to Open A or B or Over 30.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
tnw

57 posts, read 150,803 times
Looking to play outdoor soccer pick ups in 2 weeks I will be there? Adult soccer, any ideas?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 AM

57 posts, read 191,613 times
tnw - I am not sure I follow. Are you saying you will be in town for two weeks and want to play pickup soccer?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
tnw

57 posts, read 150,803 times
yeah found it soccer go on meetup.com and there are groups and allot of ppl that can help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary