Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:36 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
i would not say it has a bad reputation. i would say it is not the most desirable of the surrounding suburbs for the reasons i mentioned.
Good assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 PM

312 posts, read 867,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
they have a disturbing gang problem for a suburb and the location is not as good as other places you could choose. that combo makes it less attractive.
A disturbing gang problem for a suburb... hm. Now what kind of problems are associated with them- I mean, someone previously mentioned that the gang problem was in the High School. How much "disturbing" is going on outside the HS and affecting the residents of Knightdale?

Old 12-17-2009, 07:20 PM

92 posts, read 103,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiJay View Post
A disturbing gang problem for a suburb... hm. Now what kind of problems are associated with them- I mean, someone previously mentioned that the gang problem was in the High School. How much "disturbing" is going on outside the HS and affecting the residents of Knightdale?
Citizens Gather to Learn About Fighting Gang Growth :: WRAL.com

Knightdale Buildings Tagged With Gang Graffiti :: WRAL.com

Wake Residents Want to Stop Gang Activity in Neighborhoods - NC Wanted

WakeGOV.com - Eastern Wake County Gang Prevention Forum April 19 in Knightdale

Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
These are all links from 2007 where there was some tagging done to property and people meeting at a church to learn how to combat gangs. I lived in Knightdale and saw tagging once. What are the gang bangers actually doing, besides defacing property? I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of gang activity, just wondering what's really going on?

Old 12-17-2009, 07:55 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,135 times
More recent sources would help to prove your point. I drive through/visit Knightdale pretty regularly and I have never noticed a "gang" problem.

Mike

Old 12-17-2009, 08:00 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Actually, I wonder about gangs in high schools. I mean, how bad can a gang member be who actually GOES to school???

Vicki

Old 12-18-2009, 08:17 AM

374 posts, read 1,181,600 times
I currently live in Knightdale and have not heard anything or seen anything Gang related in the 6 months I have lived here. I do not have kids so I could not speak to the "gang" activity in the high school, but really what school does not have "gangs". All this talk about gangs makes it sound like there is a gang war going on and people are being killed left and right. I feel safe walking around my neighborhood at night, but maybe I just live in the better part of town

Old 12-18-2009, 08:41 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
I currently live in Knightdale and have not heard anything or seen anything Gang related in the 6 months I have lived here. I do not have kids so I could not speak to the "gang" activity in the high school, but really what school does not have "gangs". All this talk about gangs makes it sound like there is a gang war going on and people are being killed left and right. I feel safe walking around my neighborhood at night, but maybe I just live in the better part of town
Ok, don't try to fool us...you are IN the gang!!!

Vicki (insert the LMAO smiley face here)

Old 12-18-2009, 10:59 AM

374 posts, read 1,181,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Ok, don't try to fool us...you are IN the gang!!!

Vicki (insert the LMAO smiley face here)
I told you that in confidence! Isn't that against some sort of Realtor code of ethics

Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
I live near Knightdale, it's down the street. I have lived on "this" side of Raleigh since 1986. Prior to that I lived in Garner for 1 yr., and Cameron Village (inside the beltline) for a few years.

Like you, I prefer to live below my means, and in a more suburban atmosphere but with all the shopping conveniences. I live in a modest neighborhood with a pool, tennis courts, and ponds as well as lots of wildlife This area has what I need. Highway 64E/Knightdale Blvd has shops such as Best Buy, Kohls, Dick's, Target, etc. and chain and indy restaurants. And the gas is usually much cheaper than other areas of Raleigh. Our neighbors say that this area it's the best kept secret.

The location is excellent! I didn't imagine it would be, but it has turned out to be great. You can be downtown or in Cary in 20 mins, North Hills 15mins? Triangle Town Mall 10 mins. Wake Forest 15-20. Or the airport in 20-25 on I-540 or hwy 40.

Homes in Knightdale run the gamut pricewise. You can find just about any price range you want. Princeton Manor is a very nice new homes neighborhood that looks like the set of Desperate Housewives It starts around $270k. To give you a sense of what neighborhoods offer here. This one is $384k
http://www.fmrealty.com/site/property/images/1683121a.jpg (broken link)

Then there's Planters Walk. A nice neighborhood started in the late 80s? It's very quiet, lots are bigger. Homes start around $160k for maybe 1,500 sq? This house is 2400sq ft and just over $200k
http://www.fmrealty.com/site/property/images/1692452a.jpg (broken link)

There are also modest homes with character, on acreage.

Some HS's have had issues with gangs, but I've heard from other moms around Raleigh that they've had issues too. Often it's kids trying to belong, wanting to seem special or tough. They might do that silly tagging, or have an arguement or fight at school. There is nothing to fear here. Doesn't sound like you'd have kids in school but we do have some great options for schools ( incl magnets & yr round) other than the local ones.
Feel free to DM me with specifics questions, wish list, I'm happy to help. I might even be able to take some photos for you over the next few days if you like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary