Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 PM

5 posts, read 26,543 times

Advertisements

Hello experts,

I am finding it difficult to decide b/w Manor at Town hall commons (centex) and Providence Place (KHov). I like lots at townhall but floor plans are better for Providence. Any suggestions or experiences about any of these communities?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I have clients that purchased at Manors At TownHall. Beautiful home with a gorgeous lot. My preference is that I prefer Centex/Pulte over KHov.

Vicki

Old 01-10-2010, 06:09 AM

11 posts, read 31,234 times
We purchased in the Manor (thanks Vicki!) and love it. Solid construction (on crawls vs some slab in Providence). We have a 2 year fit and finish warranty through Centex, diverse neighbors, good lot layouts, good selection of options, right near the walking trail, etc. PM me if you want more info.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:21 AM

214 posts, read 695,002 times
I looked at both and picked providence place. Our construction supervisor was first rate and our house is well built and they have been very good about warranty work - even fixing some stuff we have causes since we moved in. Also, this neihborhood has as good of a landscape package as I have seen - they spend almost $5k on landscaping for each house with very good sized trees and top of the line sod - I have some experience at this and a homeowner would have to spend this much even if you did the planting yourself. I have no first hand experience with town hall commons, but centex has a pretty good reputation but bear in mind that they have recently merged with Pulte which after living in a Pulte built house in the Breckenridge neigbhood for a little while, has to be the worst quality track builder on earth. We picked PP mostly because we could get a finished basement (which is awesome and completely worth it) and I liked backing up to a wooded stream buffer and not someone elses back yard. If I am not mistaken, both neighborhoods are both zoned to Cedar Fork (traditional) and Carpenter (year round) elementary schools, and East (year round) or West (traditional) Cary middle schools. Normally, you can choose which of the two schools you want, but Cedar Fork is capped and not accepting any new students except rising kindergarteners, so if you are in a house slated for Carpenter, you cant normally opt for Cedar Fork, but there is a little wiggle room. Who knows what will happen with the new school board, but barring any major changes Cedar Fork is expected to drop its cap when a new elementary school opens in west cary next year.

Providence place has a nicer, and at least for now much less crowded pool and a volleyball court where people play pickup games almost every evening when its nice out. I have been told that the town hall commons pool parking lot often fills up and its hard to find a place to park. I used to live further down Town Hall Dr and that is a is a nice place to walk, there is the greenway right there and you are a bit closer to a lot of restaraunts over near Morrisville Carpenter Rd and Davis, and you are right across the street from the elementary school and community center. The downside is if you have kids in Cedar Fork, they have to walk there. Also, the traffic is a bit worse because McCrimmon can get really backed up at rush hour and it can be hard to make a left from Town Hall Dr to Morrisville carpenter Rd. The area around Providence Place doesnt look as nice, but more development is going in and it isnt much different than the area around town hall commons when it was first built 8 years ago. The same greenway behind town hall will eventually come through PP, it is right across the street from a town park with a baseball and cricket field and playground, and it is very convenient to get to I540 and I40 and its right next to RTP. There will also be a direct entrance to the triangle expressway when it is built - and despite the sign on the corner of town hall dr and Mcrimon, this road will NOT be extended down there. Also, while I am officially in the 'doesn't like walmart' camp, it sure has proven to be convenient to have a 24hr store 2 minutes away.

One other issue for you to think about is noise - the airplane noise is far more of an issue at Town Hall commons, while Providence place is closer to the railroad tracks. After living with each, neither really bothered me that much but if you think it might be an issue bear in mind that there are about 5-10 trains everyday, while the flight patterns change so much that some days there are almost no planes and other days they fly overy every couple of minutes.

Last edited by emanresu2; 01-11-2010 at 09:47 AM..

Old 01-23-2010, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,517 times
Hello there, Do we have anyone on this forum who purchased a town home in Terraces at Townhall Commons? Need some help, please reply..

Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM

41 posts, read 220,095 times
We looked at both neighborhoods and prferred the layout of PP but Centex do seem to build a better home and some of the lots were 0.25-0.33 acres which is rare. Also down the road is Kitts Creek, we have had a look there to. Anyone else looked at KC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary