U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:40 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,030,729 times

Advertisements

Yes - I had to do some internet surfing to find dear Momma's talk shows b/c she said they 'disappeared' off of 680am as of Jan 1st. She was happy to find them on FM. same time, same stuff. ah well. I did wonder about what happened to stuff that used to be there.

Now 680am has had to switch stuff - it wasn't 680's choice to do this...they are still quite unhappy that their programming was ripped from them (per their website public letter) but they are coping. So, for folks that never listened to them - you might find them to your liking now. For folks that did listen to them - try them out - They sound like they are actually going to produce news and shows now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM

2,807 posts, read 3,791,209 times
Would be terrific if the changes meant that I no longer received 680 AM over my home telephone wires, but somehow I think that isn't in the cards.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 PM

574 posts, read 1,079,671 times
Yes, this caused quite the look from dh when he drove my car and hit that preset. I swore to him it was Christmas music and then country before that, but I hadn't listened much since the 24 hour a day Christmas music started.

Changed that preset REAL quick.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 AM

64 posts, read 149,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
+1

Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 AM

494 posts, read 1,555,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
Yes, this caused quite the look from dh when he drove my car and hit that preset. I swore to him it was Christmas music and then country before that, but I hadn't listened much since the 24 hour a day Christmas music started.

Yep me too... my radio is preset and locked to 106.1 now. Love the new FM quality vs. AM.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:47 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,962,047 times
I had to research this a few weeks ago and found all the detailed info on wikipedia. There is a ton of info there. Seems that it was changing hands and going through an identity crisis for awhile. I fell in love with it when it was a modern country station ( I was getting tired of rap and what the songs was about so I found "My Big Green Tractor". lol.

Then the Christmas music 24/7. I just couldn't do it.

I can't do the conservative radio talk thing. I tried and tried but I can't listen to people who just yell all the time and believe they are right and others aren't. It seems Obama can't do anything right to Rush.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:51 PM

93 posts, read 188,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
Yep me too... my radio is preset and locked to 106.1 now. Love the new FM quality vs. AM.
Same here. The line-up is great and the audio quality is much better. Rush sounds like he has a deeper voice on FM than on AM. This will be the most successful line-up this area has seen. No bankruptcy in this station's future, unlike others.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:36 PM

412 posts, read 932,432 times
I love the new station. Could swap out Glen Beck and Hannity for others, but in general I like talk better than music. I like that legal guy on Sundays, Handle on the Law or some such. He's funny and I do learn a few things. I don't get to hear much of Rush so I kinda like hearing his reruns on the weekends.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 PM

64 posts, read 149,295 times
hahaha! I guess this is us, being political without being political......

In my other forum, this would never have gone this many posts without someone calling names or getting teh ban.......

Old 02-17-2010, 03:13 PM

41 posts, read 94,533 times
thank goodness for my SIRIUS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary