U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 AM

9,558 posts, read 26,432,745 times

Advertisements

Any recommendation on coffee places in Cary that have a good space for a group of 8-15 people to meet? Looking for a place with things like couches, tables, room to mingle. Not really looking for a starbucks with just a few tables up front by the door. Something with a little more usable space to socialize and relax. Think "Meetup".

I've heard good things about Wake Zone Espresso (I think it is in Apex) but they don't have a website. Anybody been there? What's it like? I also hear good stuff about Electric Beanz in Southern Wake County. Again, never been there though and of course it isn't in Cary, but it is still a possibility if it fits the bill. If you know what it is like I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for the help!

~ NRG

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 01-11-2010 at 05:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 05:38 AM

814 posts, read 1,704,274 times
Not in Cary, but the Starbucks at LAke Boone, S.C. (near Rex) has a separate room you can reserve for meetings. Could hold that number. Maybe other Starbucks have such rooms?

I would think otherwise there are few coffeeshops that could hold that number of people without a 'reservation".

Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 AM

660 posts, read 1,639,664 times
There is a Panera Bread in the Centrum/Crossroads shopping center that you might check out. There are no private rooms but their layout might work for your needs.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:29 AM

397 posts, read 1,138,204 times
There is also a Caribou Coffee shop on Cary Parkway, near Preston Corners. Should fit a group that size. It's connected to a Bruegger's Bagels, I think.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:35 AM

2,270 posts, read 8,107,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnowapefamily View Post
There is also a Caribou Coffee shop on Cary Parkway, near Preston Corners. Should fit a group that size. It's connected to a Bruegger's Bagels, I think.
If you are going to that shopping center you might want to go to La Farm Bakery. They have a new cafe area and if you are there at a non-meal time it might work as well.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 AM

997 posts, read 4,162,629 times
Cafe Carolina is a good spot. It is on Weston Parkway at the Corner of Harrison next to the Bonefish Grille. They have a back room/section that you can use. I think they will reserve it for you if you call ahead.

Cafe Carolina

Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 AM

31,648 posts, read 55,388,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
Cafe Carolina is a good spot. It is on Weston Parkway at the Corner of Harrison next to the Bonefish Grille. They have a back room/section that you can use. I think they will reserve it for you if you call ahead.

Cafe Carolina
It is a nice back room. Parking can be difficult at the Arboreteum, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary