Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 PM

45 posts, read 178,651 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

I recently accepted a job that would relocate my wife and I out to the triangle area. We visited the area a few weeks ago and visited many of the areas posters in this forum recommended. We were looking to purchase our first home around the Cary area but we recently stumbled on some lofts.

I like the loft style living but not sure how resale value would compare to a house in cary. Would a investment in a 2bd/2ba new loft be a just as good of a investment compared to a 3bd/2ba older home in cary?

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 PM

997 posts, read 4,639,072 times
Where will your job be and where are these lofts located so we can better help answer your question.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:37 PM

My job would be in RTP and the lofts we are looking are in Davis Park.

Thanks for your reply!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:56 PM

They are both different. Cary is built up with housing, shopping and restaurants. Davis Park is selling. They have several sold already and several under contract. It's a new concept to bring more to the RTP area than just employment. I think it's a nice idea in my opinion. You will be close to your job. 540 will be there by the end of the summer and you will be able get anyplace in the Triangle. For now, until more things come, you will probably be going to Southpoint, Brier Creek or the Morrisville/Cary area to do things. I think it depends on what you are looking for. Both great options.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 PM

I didn't know about the 540 and that's very interesting. Thanks for your input.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 PM

It will intersect with Davis Drive just north of the Breckenrdige subdivision in Morrisville and just south of Keystone Park in RTP.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:35 AM

17 posts, read 47,419 times
Dragoninla,

I would recomend looking into the north Raleigh area if you are working in the park. Leesville road is great and the schools are very good in that area as well. The best part is that you can take back roads to RTP and aviod 540 and 40.

Thank you,
RelocateTriangle

Last edited by Bull City Rising; 06-27-2007 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Removed link to Web site

Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 AM

353 posts, read 994,372 times
Please keep in mind:

IF!!!!! If you have kids, WANT kids, plan to have kids and plan to put them into the public school system WATCH OUT!

Wake county busses their kids all over creation, they are attempting (and have failed, but are appealing in court) to assign your kids to a MANDATORY year-round schedule, there is CHAOS with the board of ed, spending is through the roof, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT ALLOWED from parents.

Check out the following websites

newsobserver.com |WakeEd
WakeCARES
Stop Mandatory Year Round

Please, read, read, read... educate yourself, and be prepared for perhaps sending your kids to private school if you value stability and having a say in your child's education.

There is no teacher's union (illegal in NC), the BOE is insane, and it all trickles down to affecting our children.

Please also note that buying in an area because someone tells you the school you're assigned to is a good one is a TOTAL CROCK. Assignments and REASSIGNMENTS happen annually, and I know of families who have had kids in THREE different elem schools in THREE years. Yes, it happens. What's more, I also personally know of SEVERAL families who have siblings in different schools ON DIFFERENT SCHEDULES. And when parents appealed (IN PERSON) to the board to at LEAST get their kids synced onto the same schedule, THEY WERE DENIED. There are cases of having to choose between leaving your 3rd grader or your kindergartener ALONE at a bus stop because they're in two different schools, and the bells are slightly off.

INSANITY.

Wake County, and the board of ed, are NOT family friendly when it comes to schools.

Good Luck, but, please! Do yourself a favor and really educate yourself.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:15 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,242,972 times
Thumbs down Double and Triple Posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighCEPark View Post
Please keep in mind:

IF!!!!! If you have kids, WANT kids, plan to have kids and plan to put them into the public school system WATCH OUT!

Wake county busses their kids all over creation, they are attempting (and have failed, but are appealing in court) to assign your kids to a MANDATORY year-round schedule, there is CHAOS with the board of ed, spending is through the roof, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT ALLOWED from parents.

Check out the following websites

newsobserver.com |WakeEd
WakeCARES
Stop Mandatory Year Round

Please, read, read, read... educate yourself, and be prepared for perhaps sending your kids to private school if you value stability and having a say in your child's education.

There is no teacher's union (illegal in NC), the BOE is insane, and it all trickles down to affecting our children.

Please also note that buying in an area because someone tells you the school you're assigned to is a good one is a TOTAL CROCK. Assignments and REASSIGNMENTS happen annually, and I know of families who have had kids in THREE different elem schools in THREE years. Yes, it happens. What's more, I also personally know of SEVERAL families who have siblings in different schools ON DIFFERENT SCHEDULES. And when parents appealed (IN PERSON) to the board to at LEAST get their kids synced onto the same schedule, THEY WERE DENIED. There are cases of having to choose between leaving your 3rd grader or your kindergartener ALONE at a bus stop because they're in two different schools, and the bells are slightly off.

INSANITY.

Wake County, and the board of ed, are NOT family friendly when it comes to schools.

Good Luck, but, please! Do yourself a favor and really educate yourself.
Ugh.. I wonder how many threads you are planning on cutting and pasting this canned response into? (I've seen it posted four times by you so far)

I don't have children so I try not to comment on school issues too often, but I will say that I have several friends with children here in Wake County Schools and they have been perfectly happy for years and are satisified with what the county is doing to deal with the growth issues.

Not everyone with children seems to share your doom and gloom opinion about the schools here.

Just some food for thought!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM

5,733 posts, read 17,570,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighCEPark View Post
There are cases of having to choose between leaving your 3rd grader or your kindergartener ALONE at a bus stop because they're in two different schools, and the bells are slightly off.
When I was a kid, my 2 brothers and I had the same bus stop, but we were at 3 different schools which all had different schedules, so we were at the bus stop at different times. They did this so that they could optimize the number of school busses and drivers. What's the big problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary