U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:54 PM

69 posts, read 147,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Just buy a few papers from the store, I bet you will spend the same in gas driving around collecting papers and coupons vs. buying a few papers.
If I could find a neighbor or someone on the way to the stores I go to on Sunday anyway, there would be very little cost to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 PM

903 posts, read 3,893,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv333 View Post
Anyone just trash your coupons from the Sunday paper? If so, I'll take them!!

Also, anyone have any idea what happens to the left over Sunday papers when they aren't sold? I'm trying to beef up my coupon collection, so I'd love to get my hands on leftovers!!

Thanks!!
Does this help any? Shows the advertising circulars for quite a few stores all over the country. There's a "coupon tab" at the very top of the page.

SundaySaver: National - Weekly Sales Circulars & Sunday Newspaper Ads

Good luck!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:45 PM

8,266 posts, read 21,837,785 times
I have some friends who are AVID couponer. TYhey actually go around once a week and dig through the newspaper recycling bins at various schools. They sometimes end up with 20-40 coupon inserts that people just toss in their recycling bins. I was in the car with one a friend a couple of times she did that and no one at the school or anywhere batted an eye at her digging through the paper recycling bin. (And those bins are ONLY paper bins, so there isn't anything gross in them).
Just sayin'...
Also, I have heard, (but have never looked) that dollar stores carry the Sunday paper for $.50 cents on Mondays.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 PM

113 posts, read 657,910 times
Yep, I get mine at $tree on Monday's if it was a good insert week and I want more. Sometimes my Walmart sells them too for 1/2 price if there are any left, but it's hit or miss.

Yes, coupons are available online, however, they don't match the inserts and there's usually a print limit of 2.

What I also do is if I know a sale is coming up, like triple coupons, and there are some coupons out there that will make an item free/cheap, I'll order multiples either on Ebay or thecouponclippers.com. Usually costs anwhere from $1-$2 for 20 coupons, which is a steal considering everything I've gotten for free!

www.savvydollar.org is a great local couponing resource.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:07 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,051,453 times
This is all very interesting to me. I sure could use to save money but I just don't have time to deal with coupons. Now I feel like I may be missing something, though.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:41 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,191,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb View Post
This is all very interesting to me. I sure could use to save money but I just don't have time to deal with coupons.
Time? We spend about 10 minutes clipping coupons on Sunday, and another 5 or 10 pulling out the ones we want before we go to the store. Honestly, it's not that big an investment of time, and the savings can be significant, especially when combined with in-store specials and double/triple coupon terms.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:51 AM

11,493 posts, read 25,746,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum98 View Post
Yep, I get mine at $tree on Monday's if it was a good insert week and I want more. Sometimes my Walmart sells them too for 1/2 price if there are any left, but it's hit or miss.

Yes, coupons are available online, however, they don't match the inserts and there's usually a print limit of 2.

What I also do is if I know a sale is coming up, like triple coupons, and there are some coupons out there that will make an item free/cheap, I'll order multiples either on Ebay or thecouponclippers.com. Usually costs anwhere from $1-$2 for 20 coupons, which is a steal considering everything I've gotten for free!

www.savvydollar.org is a great local couponing resource.
I never thought of buying coupons on Ebay, but I saw them on there the other day. I wonder if those ppl who sell the coupons really make money? I guess it's worth it if everything you get is free.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:38 PM

1,356 posts, read 3,473,496 times
This probably isn't what you're looking for but it may help others. I used thecouponclippers.com once. You pay a few pennies per coupon (with a minimum order of like $3 or so) and they mail you the coupons. It tells you the expiration date so you can plan ahead. I don't know if I'll do it again as I found myself thinking "I definitely want that coupon!" and then once it got here realized that it wasn't really a product I wanted or needed to spend my money on. For others, though, it could be very useful. They also have a few restaurant coupons (I got two for Subway).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary