U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM

212 posts, read 911,694 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a particular vehicle in specific color with specific options
Someone recommend using this company Auction Direct USA Raleigh LLC though they themselves never used them

I filled out a form online and within an hour got a call from someone getting more information on what car we are looking for.
They require you to deposit $300 and say its applied to the vehicle once its found. They also say its a refundable deposit if they don't find the car or you don't want it. I am not reffering to purchasing off their lot but them finding you a car via auction or other dealer lots.

Has anyone done this or have any feedback ? Almost seems to good to be true.

====================
Step #1
Tell Us What You Want!
Complete the Vehicle Request Form on the right.

Step #2
We Find It & Buy It!
Leave a 100% risk-free, refundable deposit, subject to approval of the vehicle when it arrives.

We locate your vehicle by searching hundreds of wholesale outlets, such as bank liquidations, rental car companies, off-lease sales, and, of course, dealer auctions.

Your vehicle should be ready for pickup or delivery within 7-10 days. We also ship anywhere!

Step #3
Inspect the Vehicle and Drive It Away!
Your vehicle will be Auction Direct USA-Certified by our 85-point inspection. You're welcome to inspect the vehicle prior to delivery.

Visit your local Auction Direct Used Vehicle Superstore; receive all the benefits such as financing, warranties and even our 3-Day/500-Mile money-back satisfaction guarantee.
We've located thousands of vehicles and saved our customers several hundred thousand off KBB retail values.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 AM

869 posts, read 2,600,195 times
Also look at Buy and Sell Used Cars, Motorcycles, RVs, Boats and ATVs at TheBigLot.com

Old 01-12-2010, 10:15 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,948,206 times
I wouldn't give them $300. Autotrader would be a good look as well b/c you can search based on so many terms.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 AM

The site you recommend simply does not work (thebiglot). I am better off searching each site individually. It keeps saying there are no Acura TL's within 200 miles of me when I know I've seen them on cars.com, craigslist and eBay. Even gives me an error when I try to post a WTB ad

Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 AM

1,118 posts, read 1,968,310 times
They find cars from rental car companies? That would scare me enough to run for the hills.

Well not really, that stuff shows up on carfax reports, but I would be careful.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM

352 posts, read 1,183,694 times
AAA offers a great service that does what you're looking for - new or used. If you're not a member of AAA it might be a good reason to join.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM

1,344 posts, read 2,577,050 times
ANY dealer will do that for you, for no $300 deposit. Go into any dealership, tell them what you want, they'll find it for you. Any dealer worth anything, that is.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
ANY dealer will do that for you, for no $300 deposit. Go into any dealership, tell them what you want, they'll find it for you. Any dealer worth anything, that is.
Interesting I was at the Acura Dealership and asked the dealer if they did this and he said no, we basically sell what we have. This is of course after looking at 2 of his cars that are the right year, make and model, just not right color. I am looking for used 04-06 Acura TL so maybe what you are referring to is for new cars.
Might give him a call and ask again.

Last edited by wrxsti04; 01-12-2010 at 10:57 AM..

Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Has anyone used the AAA finder program with any luck ? Heck Ill join AAA if they can find me the car I want exactly!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM

450 posts, read 1,356,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti04 View Post
Interesting I was at the Acura Dealership and asked the dealer if they did this and he said no, we basically sell what we have. This is of course after looking at 2 of his cars that are the right year, make and model, just not right color. I am looking for used 04-06 Acura TL so maybe what you are referring to is for new cars.
Might give him a call and ask again.
If you want an 06, you can find the CPO cars listed on most Acura dealerships, under used car inventory. The 06s and 07s are coming off 3-year leases right now and should be available. Here is the used car search for Performance Acura: Performance Acura (http://performanceacura.performanceautomall.com/inventory/preownedcarsearch.jsp - broken link) You can also try Craigslist.

As for the OP, I would consider it. Cars are always cheaper at auction, so you will not pay as much as getting the car from a dealer who has hiked their prices by $1000 or more. Give it a try and, if they can't get the car you like, ask for your money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary