U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 10:30 AM

313 posts, read 735,761 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good realtor in the Clayton NC area? We wish to rent for the first year or so while we get to know our way around.

I have seen several listed but unfortunately not all deal with rentals.

We would be interested in a 3BR townhouse/condo/single family home in a community with access to a pool and fitness center.

Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 01:49 PM

2,872 posts, read 4,959,541 times
You might have better luck by finding a rental on your own by trying many of the online sites that specialize in that sort of thing. Or Craigslist. I have used both to advertise my rentals and get good results as a landlord, so I imagine there are good choices as a renter.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 PM

9,680 posts, read 23,481,401 times
Most realtors won't waste their time showing rentals.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 PM

11,791 posts, read 27,436,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Most realtors won't waste their time showing rentals.
My first year in Real Estate, I did work with renters and SF, it really wasn't a waste of time. I did it to help them and then a year or so later, when they were ready to buy, they called me. See? It wasn't a waste of time for me and it was nice to help them! However, I have become too busy for that.

My suggestion would be if you can't find a rental on your own, to contact a property management company, as they are the ones that handle rentals. If you do contact a Realtor, you may find one of the brand new Agents have time to help.

Most of the apt. and rental companies actually pay Realtors a small "finder's fee" for bringing renters to them. It could be anywhere from $50 to $300. And for new Agents, it pays for gas!

Vicki

Old 01-12-2010, 05:34 PM

313 posts, read 735,761 times
Thanks everybody!

Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM

9,680 posts, read 23,481,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
My first year in Real Estate, I did work with renters and SF, it really wasn't a waste of time. I did it to help them and then a year or so later, when they were ready to buy, they called me. See? It wasn't a waste of time for me and it was nice to help them! However, I have become too busy for that.

My suggestion would be if you can't find a rental on your own, to contact a property management company, as they are the ones that handle rentals. If you do contact a Realtor, you may find one of the brand new Agents have time to help.

Most of the apt. and rental companies actually pay Realtors a small "finder's fee" for bringing renters to them. It could be anywhere from $50 to $300. And for new Agents, it pays for gas!

Vicki
You are a smart businessperson, Vicki.

Not all brokers think ahead like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary