Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,476 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My husband, young son and I will be moving to Durham this summer for 1 year while he is a fellow at Duke.

We are looking for something within a 15 min drive to Duke that is safe and quiet. Specifically we need a 2 BR, 1 or 2 bath, at least 1000 sq ft. Good storage and at least W/D hookups if not the W/D themselves. Needs to be cat friendly. I will be staying at home with our son and fellows don't make much money, so $900/mo or so is all we can afford.

We don't know much about the area, but a few apartments that I have been in contact with that seem reasonable are:

Addington Farms
Alexan Place
Copper Mill

If anybody has experience with these, or other recommendations, I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 04:54 PM

113 posts, read 727,598 times
Addington or Alexan would be ok options, but I'd cross Copper Mill off your list. There's a nasty stench in that area from a retention pond I think it is.

You could also try the Brier Creek area in Raleigh. That's on the low end of the price range for that area as it's a bit upscale, but you may find a good deal out there. Try Villas at Brier Creek. They're brand new and often run good deals to fill the place up.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:01 PM

44 posts, read 51,386 times
Also check out Parc at University Tower. It is a shorter drive from Duke compared to Alexan Place and Addington Farms, but still safe. If you are willing to go just a little farther away, I have heard good things about Evergreens at Mt. Moriah. You may also want to check out some in Chapel Hill. Foxcroft is one I have heard a lot about, although I think the apartments are significantly older than some of these others names. I think Brier Creek may be longer than a 15-min drive (it is about 18 miles from West Campus), but it sure is a very nice area.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM

49 posts, read 131,073 times
Parc at University...I highly recommend. Send me a private msg if you consider. Very good apts!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary