U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:08 PM

494 posts, read 1,193,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Addicts sold shoplifted meat on NYC streets. Crazy to buy it because who knows the sanitary conditions under which the meat was kept after it was stolen.

It also might have been "keistered" out of the store. (A prison term involving someone's tush).

Avoid such unknown sellers.
Although off topic,you brought back some memories for me,when I first started in the nypd in the late 80's addicts used to clean their needles buy jabbing them in the fruit sold at the sidwalk markets. A quick jab in an orange and good as new.ahhh memories!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 AM

484 posts, read 1,176,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Addicts sold shoplifted meat on NYC streets. Crazy to buy it because who knows the sanitary conditions under which the meat was kept after it was stolen.

It also might have been "keistered" out of the store. (A prison term involving someone's tush).

Avoid such unknown sellers.
So gross, but for some reason I can't stop laughing.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:11 PM

476 posts, read 1,397,637 times
Default Town of Cary Non-Emergency Police #

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
What is the non emergency police #?
Sorry - I did not see your question until now so hopefully I am not being redundant with this information...

This is for CARY only - NON-emergency police # is 469-4012.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:33 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,632,813 times
all these are good reasons for not buying meat from a random unmarked crappy pick up truck but the best reason would be to help drive them out of business. Obviously somebody is buying this stuff for these guys to be in business so long. Are people so desperate for bargain meat they would compromise their health and encourage more of this kind of activity? If they came to my house I would excuse myself to go get my checkbook, call the cops and stall them till the cops arrive to check out their credentials.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:44 PM

9,680 posts, read 23,488,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
Although off topic,you brought back some memories for me,when I first started in the nypd in the late 80's addicts used to clean their needles buy jabbing them in the fruit sold at the sidwalk markets. A quick jab in an orange and good as new.ahhh memories!
I lived in Alphabet City (NYC) and met many skels like you mentioned.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:46 PM

9,680 posts, read 23,488,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
The only thing I can even think to say to that comment is EWWWWWWWWWW!

Although I see no reason to buy meat from a guy in a truck...wouldn't cooking it kill any and all "germs" no matter where the guy kept it?!!

Vicki
Not sure if all diseases would be killed by normal cooking, especially if eaten rare.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:44 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,949,545 times
I don't understand why some people are saying they will call the police. What are the police going to do? There are tons of people who sell door to door, do you call the police on them as well?

Old 01-17-2010, 05:54 PM

77 posts, read 239,359 times
My friend bought some steaks from a guy selling meat off the back of his S-10. He cooked one sirloin steak, ate it and had the runs for 4 days straight. He couldn't goto work or anything.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:11 PM

932 posts, read 2,731,268 times
I know a guy that sold meat from the back of his truck. I forget who he worked for, but it was a larger company. He was married to a friend of mine and was really creepy and even more creepy with the freezer on his truck. It was a legit business, but I never bought anything from him. During his sales pitch he said that he worked for a national company. I've seen them up north, and remember someone on similar soliciting in Cary when I was a kid.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:02 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,293,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
<>
1. I really enjoy hand selecting my steaks for the grill. Why else spend a few hundred on a grill just to put low quality steaks on it that won't taste good no matter how you cook it.
<>
So as a good judge of meat, what do you think of Omaha Steaks?

Last edited by Crashj007; 01-17-2010 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary