U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 AM

1,860 posts, read 6,725,916 times

Advertisements

I am in search of a church that has a fairly large and strong segment dedicated to woman's bible study programs/ministry. Preferably one where the bible groups are gaged towards similar age and life happenings. Cary, Apex, Holly Springs would be best. I have been two a couple since moving here but the groups I was assigned to consisted of older woman who I had nothing in common with. I also prefer to find a place where the studies are held once a week at the church not at private homes but that is just a preference not a must have. After 3 years here I am still mourning my old church and Woman's Bible programs Thanks all!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:17 AM

517 posts, read 1,398,968 times
Here's a link to the Women's Ministries at Colonial Baptist Church in Cary. Under the "Bible Study & Prayer" section, they have a link with info on all the women's Bible studies going on. The studies my wife has been involved with have included both younger and older women and take place at the church campus.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:02 PM

1,860 posts, read 6,725,916 times
Thank you for the link BurntHombre.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:12 AM

18 posts, read 317,612 times
CAKD-

I know Hope Community Church does a lot of women's studies... not sure if any meet at the church. Our couple's group meets at a home.

My mother is involved with the women's ministry at Triangle Community Church, and I know there are groups there that meet at the church - but not sure about the age.

Good luck!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:45 AM

330 posts, read 831,609 times
Connections Church is non-denominational and the women have a Bible study at the church building weekly.

It is in the Crossroads area so it is very convenient to Holly Springs, Apex, Cary and Raleigh.

Raleigh Churches - Non-denominational: Connections Church - Raleigh, Cary, Apex

Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,879,497 times
Reviving this thread with the hopes of additional input as I'm looking for Bible studies in North Raleigh/Wake Forest and east. Would love to find a Beth Moore study.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:35 AM

804 posts, read 1,746,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Reviving this thread with the hopes of additional input as I'm looking for Bible studies in North Raleigh/Wake Forest and east. Would love to find a Beth Moore study.
you may consider providence baptist church on glenwood (just about 1.5 miles west of crabtree mall). they are going through beth moore's to live is christ study now.

Life Classes & Studies | Providence Baptist Church

Old 01-31-2011, 01:02 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,123,119 times
I'm thinking of Bible Study Fellowship. When I attended there was one for women in Cary that met at Cary First Baptist, and another one in Raleigh, that met at St Mark's Methodist, I believe. Those were in the evening. Other classes met during the day.

There is usually a waiting list, and, unfortunately, I don't have a contact person now. But maybe someone else will have more information.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:00 PM

746 posts, read 1,958,593 times
North Wake Church in Wake Forest (non-demonination, strong Baptist bent) and St. Catherine of Siena (Wake Forest stcatherineofsienawf.org) come to mind immediately. Good luck in your search!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:49 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,879,497 times
Reps to all for your replies.

I am in BSF now, studying Isaiah -- a wonderful study! I wanted to find a church based study as well, preferably Beth Moore just starting up. I hesitate to get into one in progress, but thank you for the lead.

Thanks to all - and keep 'em coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary